By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year So Far?

Which one?

The Witcher 3 318 26.30%

Bloodborne 434 35.90%

Splatoon 266 22.00%

Life is Strange 28 2.32%

Dying Light 22 1.82%

Mortal Kombat X 15 1.24%

Other (post it below) 125 10.34%

Total:1,208

witcher 3

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

There's also a Wii U exclusive and the poll was created before Xbox One even had any exclusives this year.

I was also hoping an included PC would have been in the poll also =P, that and Wikipedia had a list late last year of what was exclusively released this year (1st party wise).

What big PC exclusives had even released by May when this thread was originally made though?

Pillars of Eternity - March

Bloodsports.tv - April

Magicka: Wizard Wars - April

Block n' Load - April

Galactic Civilizations III - May

Heroes of the Storm - June

There are more on the list but I;m not going to pull every single one that can easily be read from the overall list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

I wouldn't move the posts on ther term"big" because that's somewhat subjective since this short quick list to you may not seem "big" enough to somehow deserve not being on the list but I believe some do just like any other.

EDIT: would also like to point out that we shouldn't move goal posts with metacritic scores either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Undertale

My Top 3 - Splatoon, BB and The Witcher 3.

Who will win more awards - The Witcher 3, Fall Out 4, MGS5

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

There's also a Wii U exclusive and the poll was created before Xbox One even had any exclusives this year.

I was also hoping an included PC would have been in the poll also =P, that and Wikipedia had a list late last year of what was exclusively released this year (1st party wise).

What big PC exclusives had even released by May when this thread was originally made though?

Pillars of Eternity - March

Bloodsports.tv - April

Magicka: Wizard Wars - April

Block n' Load - April

Galactic Civilizations III - May

Heroes of the Storm - June

There are more on the list but I;m not going to pull every single one that can easily be read from the overall list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

I wouldn't move the posts on ther term"big" because that's somewhat subjective since this short quick list to you may not seem "big" enough to somehow deserve not being on the list but I believe some do just like any other.

Are most of these game really contender for game of the year? or are that really BIG games?

Magicka: Wizard Wars: 69

Block n' Load: 72

Heroes of the Storm: doesn't even have a meta score(?)

well, with these metrics there are also more ps4 exclusive missings, a game of the year game should really have either a very high metascore (above 90) or something uniuqe about it (splatoon).

Around the Network

For me, it's The Witcher 3. I'm hoping Fallout 4 is going to change that, though.

Can I change mine to be between Splatoon and Undertale..? x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Can I change mine to be between Splatoon and Undertale..? x )

Goat mom for goat of the year!.

Seriously though it would be nice if Undertale won an award for Indie game of the year, screw meta data.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well I can only vote for 2015 games that I've actually played, so it comes down to The Order 1886 or Rocket League.

I think I must give it to Rocket League.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

After reading some posts, I had an idea: maybe I should reboot the poll with new options? This way all games would be equal.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won