By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry is heavily lying about their Street Fighter 4 PS4 verdict and spins off the truth how they like

Ninsect said:
daredevil.shark said:
They got caught several occasions. During PS4 launch they tried to downplay PS4 battlefield 4version. Recently they apologised for project cars.

Can you elaborate?

UPDATE: It's come to our attention that the build of Project Cars used as the basis for this article was not intended by the developer Slightly Mad Studios for technical analysis. We weren't aware of this, which was the unfortunate result of some miscommunication on our part with the game's publisher. It was an honest mistake and it is not our intention to misrepresent the game, so we've unpublished the videos that form the basis of the article.

We'll be able to bring you a full analysis of a more advanced build of the game in the coming weeks.

We'd like to apologise to our readers and to Slightly Mad Studios for this unintentional misrepresentation.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Ninsect said:
daredevil.shark said:
They got caught several occasions. During PS4 launch they tried to downplay PS4 battlefield 4version. Recently they apologised for project cars.

Can you elaborate?

UPDATE: It's come to our attention that the build of Project Cars used as the basis for this article was not intended by the developer Slightly Mad Studios for technical analysis. We weren't aware of this, which was the unfortunate result of some miscommunication on our part with the game's publisher. It was an honest mistake and it is not our intention to misrepresent the game, so we've unpublished the videos that form the basis of the article.

We'll be able to bring you a full analysis of a more advanced build of the game in the coming weeks.

We'd like to apologise to our readers and to Slightly Mad Studios for this unintentional misrepresentation.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

Did they then proceed to doing a better analysis?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

Probably. I didnt follow that. But given their trend they did it again.

So basically when you zoom all in, you notice more jaggies on the PS4 version... big woop.
Dont even notice it running the video 1920x1080p full screen on my pc, while watching the video.

Mr.Playstation said:

What about the huge input lag which is even higher than the X360 version of the game. I mean sure there is barely no difference in graphics/colours ( I didn't notice any myself while watching the video ) but input lag in a fighter is a huge deal. It's overall a very low quality port, they obviously did nothing apart from tweaking the PS3 version here and there. Yeah though they are lying in their overall conclusion.

look at my post above, i am only talking about graphics 

Around the Network

PS4 does look blurred. That's just going from the examples you showed. I don't like things looking all wish wash.

I don't see why people don't just wait for SFV. Who would buy a game that has basically been released with no noticeable changed since 2008?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Ninsect said:
daredevil.shark said:

They used the wrong build to do the analysis and apologized for it. They didn't out right lie. The analysis was more or less correct for the build, it just wasn't the final build. I don't know how that is considered lying. 

So it doesn't look as good vs PC, nothing new, you really shouldn't give a shit about the fact that things run better or look better on PC. Also, that blur argument from you makes no sense, it's called motion "blur" and the PS4 version had almost none of it, they need to fix that shit.

One thing for sure, the guy on DF is still human, and human most of the times always make mistake even if they all professional and back up by many experts and have a lot connection with insider. The human part is the one made the judgement so some bias, or opinion might change their attitude.

Digital Foundry: sowing the seeds of dissatisfaction since gen 7, their reward, delicious gamer tears.

(and clicks)