By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Sell/Ship 4mil+ Copies WW Lifetime? [UPDATE: 4.06mil By First Years End Only!)

mZuzek said:
tbone51 said:

How is 3mil unlikely? A month ago 1mil was unlikely going by everyone's predictions. :-/

I don't know about everyone but I always thought 1.5m was likely. Now, I believe in 2.5m lifetime, but it does look tough. 3m is unlikely, the explanation for this is common sense.

Its not common sense, New IP, Made by Nintendo EAD (Garage, i dunno), Hard Marketpush, Successful Demo. Predictions could go anywhere from 1mil-5mil, just obviously the higher is definitely getting more out of reach. Saying 8mil, saying under 300k is crazy.

Imtelling you, many predictions were saying this game would be even lucky to hit 750k-800k, some said W101 level of sales, others said maybe a million-2mil!

That was before 3 weeks ago, now expectations can definitely increase, especially with how well FW is looking.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
No. I already said my prediction in similar threads before.

Hey!!! You were wrong with Japanese FW sales, It was actually double wat you predicted and it sold that day 1 :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201608&page=1

Dont worry soooo many people undershot it in japan, I thought my prediction was overly optimistic and now its practicallly going tosurpass it!

No, that would require about a 25-30% lifetime attach rate; very few games on any system can achieve that kind of ratio.

tbone51 said:
Angelv577 said:
No. I already said my prediction in similar threads before.

Hey!!! You were wrong with Japanese FW sales, It was actually double wat you predicted and it sold that day 1 :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=201608&page=1

Dont worry soooo many people undershot it in japan, I thought my prediction was overly optimistic and now its practicallly going tosurpass it!

lol, that's okay.  Let see how the game does in US and Europe. 

It's possible... but not likely.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I guess it can. It matters how long they wait until they make the second one and on how good the legs are (Which I'm guessing that they are gonna be good)

tbone51 said:

Can Splatoon Sell/Ship 4mil Copies WW Lifetime?

Exactly how the title says, Can Splatoon Do it? This isnt a prediction thread, just think if it has a chance/etc!

Post Your thoughts!

Why are you doing this to this poor game? Putting ideas out there of Mario like sales is setting it up for disappointment.  Have modest expectations, like 1million and if it gets a lot over that then have a big party. If you put ideas of 4 million into people's heads then selling ~2 million will be perceived as low.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't see it happening, no.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

TBOOOOOOO

wait, it is -- okay yeah it's him this time

OOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Look, anything is possible when it comes to Nintendo games but it's too early to be making the call. Also the WiiU's user base is a major hindrance.