By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has done what Wii never could - hit 50% marketshare!

spemanig said:
daredevil.shark said:

In business there is no fairness. You reap what you saw. PS4 is getting what it deserves.

The PS4 is winning because the others are loosing so badly. Let's not act like this feat is even remotely comparable to Gen 7, when everyone was selling.

Lolwat. I don't get this argument. PS4 broke records and is the fastest selling PS console ever. Do you really believe that's only because the others messed up, or maybe because Sony did everything that mattered right (games, marketing, price, power, features)?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Congratz to Sony for such an amazing piece of hardware

Puppyroach said:
Didn't both NES, PS1 and PS2 reach that goal? Either way, its a great club for it to be part of :).

They did indeed. Wii failed to do so, however.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ka-pi96 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Nice work from Sony.
To be fair, given the VGC's margin of error the Wii could have reached 50% at some point.

VGC's margin of error is primarily for new sales. Older stuff like the Wii should have been fully adjusted for NPD/Financial report data so it should be much more accurate than newer stuff.

Plus, it never reached 50%+ in shipments either

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Chazore said:
Faelco said:

You answered the question. Good for some, bad for others, but it matters for everyone. 

If we have more and more ps4 exclusives (and that will surely happen), Xbox fans will have to take a look at these numbers to understand why. So yeah, it's an important enough milestone to talk about. 

I'm not on about the milestone dicussion though, I;m on about the actual benefits here and how the marketshare is, I'm trying to ponder why it;s very important for Xbox/Wii U users to look at the numbers and hop right into this thread, it's not really going to do anything when the data is concrete, I was more about the benefits one side is getting and how it matters to that side that's won, the side that hasn't won shouldn't really matter because they don't get any benefits, if I;m the loser why should I care about the winner?, he won, I lost, that's all there is to it and he gets the benefits.

yeah sure an xbox user or two can look at these numbers, nod their head and go about their business but that's all that happens when you amount it to understanding, I mean cool I understand but it doesn't make the lack of benefits and lack of games something to celebrate over.

If you're the loser, you should care about the winner and these numbers, because it will help the winner to take your games (=more exclusives for the PS4, less for XOne and Wii U). It's not something you should celebrate but something you should care about, it's different (a bad news can be an important news). 

I think that I don't understand your point correctly, because what I'm saying seems pretty obvious to me... :/

Around the Network

My life is now complete.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Mr.Playstation said:

Early during the seventh gen, the wii's competition was a console which had a 50% failure rate and a console which was overpriced. The PS4 competition is a console which has turned things round and is doing better than it's predessesor and a console which has great games but has somehow failed due to horrible marketing. You decide which console has/had the "real" competition.

Are you being serious? Still the Wii. The 360 still sold well. The PS3 still sold well enough. The Wii U is selling like shit. The XBO is barely coming back from selling like shit. Neither will come close to 80m like the PS360 did.

spemanig said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Early during the seventh gen, the wii's competition was a console which had a 50% failure rate and a console which was overpriced. The PS4 competition is a console which has turned things round and is doing better than it's predessesor and a console which has great games but has somehow failed due to horrible marketing. You decide which console has/had the "real" competition.

Are you being serious? Still the Wii. The 360 still sold well. The PS3 still sold well enough. The Wii U is selling like shit. The XBO is barely coming back from selling like shit. Neither will come close to 80m like the PS360 did.

Yeah I'm being serious. Both the PS3 and X360 had their very huge problems yet they still stole the Wii's thunder, so far the XBO and WIIU are both in a much better position than the PS4 ( They both have better exclusives and isn't that what helps sells consoles ) or are atleast on par to what bad stuff the PS3 and X360 a where going through yet they can't even touch the PS4. PS4 has real competition yet it's so good that that competition can't even come close.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Faelco said:

If you're the loser, you should care about the winner and these numbers, because it will help the winner to take your games (=more exclusives for the PS4, less for XOne and Wii U). It's not something you should celebrate but something you should care about, it's different (a bad news can be an important news). 

What I'm trying to convey is that by caring, it allows them to get riled up, feel bad that their system isn't getting much attention/perks at all, by showing you care, what difference does that actually make for the current Wii U/XB1 situation, will caring actually turn everything around for them and suddenly they'll get to become winners too with perks?, no they won't, caring about one winner when you're not on that team shouldn't matter, i's why I started off with "grats I guess" because I'm not on that side, I don't see having more share than others as being something worth celebrating over, of course by me commenting here you could say I care but then you could say that about anyone who needs to communicate with one another.

All I see the caring from the losing teams as is a form of nodding, yeah they care like you're saying but is that going to actually turn it around for them?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Its only do to the fact that the wiiu is selling like crap