By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deep Silver trademarks Bloodstained

A physical copy of Bloodstained I don't have to pledge from Kickstarter? Sign me up.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
I find this odd. Isn`t the point of these games being kickstarted is to not have a publisher and have total freedom of their game...?

whats so bad if more people get physical copies of the game, your viewing here also from a western perspective what is Indie. in Japan its normal that Indie projects go to publishers thats why we get so many Niche title there with physical releases

Ruler said:
Cloudman said:
I find this odd. Isn`t the point of these games being kickstarted is to not have a publisher and have total freedom of their game...?

whats so bad if more people get physical copies of the game, your viewing here also from a western perspective what is Indie. in Japan its normal that Indie projects go to publishers thats why we get so many Niche title there with physical releases

Well, I`m not saying it`s bad, but isn`t it going against what kickstarter is all about? Usually this is done to make products without publishers sort of inhibiting their vision, right..? If the game still still made as the dev team intended, with all the extras promised, then I won`t have much of an issue with it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Well, I`m not saying it`s bad, but isn`t it going against what kickstarter is all about? Usually this is done to make products without publishers sort of inhibiting their vision, right..? If the game still still made as the dev team intended, with all the extras promised, then I won`t have much of an issue with it.

In order to satisfy physical copy demands, as was met in their kickstarter goals, they need to do so in a manner that is time and cost-effective. Using a publisher for distributing physical copies is the method they chose (which I am in favor of for a project on this scale).

PwerlvlAmy said:

I love my physical games <3

Tyritorious said:

Cloudman said:

In order to satisfy physical copy demands, as was met in their kickstarter goals, they need to do so in a manner that is time and cost-effective. Using a publisher for distributing physical copies is the method they chose (which I am in favor of for a project on this scale).

Oh I see, I got it now. Thanks for the clarifications~ I def need my physical copies too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Mighty No. 9 is published by Deep Silver, and they've confirmed that that, as well as the X1/PS4 version are getting retail releases as well as digital. Considering that I SINCERELY doubt that Bloodstained will be anywhere near as hardware intensive as Project CARS, I have faith. But a fair bit of skepticism should still warrented after all of the CARS bullshit that Slighty Mad's been spewing at Nintendo fans.

Yeah I'll be geting Mighty No 9 since it will be a retail release on Wii U and if Bloodstained gets funded(more than likely will) then ill get Bloodstained physical release. If there isnt one then I'll just wait for a PSN/XBL sale

At 2.86M with 14 days left to the campaign, a Wii U port is pretty much guaranteed. 

I am also hoping they'll update the tiers to include the Wii U physical copy in the pledges that include that for the other systems, because I'm backing it to get both physical and digital copies of the game. Did you know that when you pledge for both physical and digital, you can have two different versions of your choice? In my case, I'm getting the PC (digital) and a console version (physical).

Tyritorious said:
kupomogli said:

My sig will feature the game I've last received a trophy for regardless if I liked the game or not.  A week ago it was for Lords of the Fallen, a pretty garbage game, this week it's Saints Row 4, also garbage. 

PSNprofiles.com --> Trophy cards --> Change Background --> Upload your own --> BOOM!

Also, sorry were a victim of Lords of the Fallen.

Not to fall of topic, but I'm surprised to see such excitement towards a physical copy of Bloodstained. We're supposed to be in the digital age of gaming, or at least that's what publishers have been trying to push on console consumers.

Lords of the Fallen are one of those I should have trusted metacritic rather than finally buying it because Souls like gameplay.

Reason why I don't like Deep Silver.  They're sortof like Warner Bros where they've worked their way into punlishing better games, buying out companies and franchises.  Deep Silver does the same as Warner Bros with incomplete games, selling day one dlc, part of the game ripped off the disc only available to new purchasers, meaningful cont.

They first got big though publishing and owning the rights to Dead Island, developed by Tech Land.  360 and PC version were fine when it came to frame right.  Bugs and glitches out the ass.  PS3 version though.  Screen tearing was ridiculous, constant frame drops in the teens when literally anything was on screen, dropping to 0 fps quite often during actual gameplay.  No idea how I could stand actually finishing it, because I went to it sometime later when it came on PS+, quit immediately.  Dead Island riptide was pretty much an expansion.  PS3 version was just as bad.  Watched some gameplay and screen tearing and framerate issues were noticeable.

After the release of Sacred 2, Ascalon was hard at work developing Sacred 3.  Then the company was purchased by Deep Silver.  Sacred gained a cult following as it should as these games are imo the best Diablo clones released, Sacred 2 especially.  The game is massive in size and it's clear how much effort they put into developing the world.  Several areas were uniquely designed, enemies were there, but nothing, not even quests.  It was great to just explore.  The customization you could put into your character builds were extensive.

You know what happened?  Ascalon released a message that they were bought by Deep Silver.  Awhile later that pos Sacred Citadel released.  Later Sacred 3 was finally officially announced by Deep Silver with a trailer that did its best to hide how the game actually played.  Weeks before the release date Sacred 3 appeared on store shelves, literally out of no where.  No official announcement of the date moving up.  Reviews weren't out yet, it was also $50 so I was a bit skeptic.  So I waited.  Glad I did, because they tossed together some shovelware to try and capitalize on the fanbase the series had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To9mlwF95k4

Atleast EA tries to keep creating quality before they kill the dev.  Deep Silver did it outright then shit all over their legacy.  

Like Warner Bros they've taken a lot of meaningful content and locked it as either a preorder bonus or a voucher.  Gat Out of Hell on PS4 and Xbox One is a download voucher rather than on disc where SR4 only takes 11gb.  

You might be interested in Mighty No 9 though.  On the retail edition it includes a day one dlc voucher with an extra boss, an extra character , and extra stage.  1/13th of the entire game ripped away to be downloaded.  Enjoy.  Mighty No 9 is a niche game and most people who purchase it are going to have genuine interest, likely to not sell it.  Most won't give it a second glance, yet a large chunk of the game is being cut out to try and get new sales?  This isn't gainingthem extra sales, it's pissing people who had interest in purchasing the game to decide against it after the fact.  

Bloodstained being published by Deep Silver is not good.  Anyone interested in retail is guaranteed to get an incomplete game.  Who knows the extra character that our stretch goals got us to and the classic mode might be ripped from the game and be day one dlc.  The backer exclusive content, I'll likely see it as a voucher now. 

Tyritorious said:

Cloudman said:

If they even decide to give the WIi U a physical release :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick