By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deep Silver trademarks Bloodstained

Cloudman said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Cloudman said:
ErikaEinhardt said:
Cloudman said:
I find this odd. Isn`t the point of these games being kickstarted is to not have a publisher and have total freedom of their game...?

Not always, this game was kickstarted to prove that there was still interest in this style of game. He stated it off the bat that the kickstarter money was to prove to an investor that they should invest in his game. Im sure he still wants IP ownership and complete freedom in making the game but thats not always the reason to kickstart.

Yeah, I do remember him saying that. Point taken. I do hope Iga still gets all the freedom he need to make the game he wants... And still Wii U version ;)

yeah thats the part im worried about since its Deep Silver. If they now own the IP then the Wii U version is now in jeopordy if they have full control over it

But... it`s a stretchgoal that`s going to get passed. They can`t stomp that hope like that... : ( It`s be criminal...

What I'm about to say is probably 100% inaccurate and is absolutely not taking place(probably!). This is what is really happening/potential to happen :O

IGA has a plan,there was never a real option for Wii U,he just wanted to raise that extra money to pocket it. He knew that they can get extra funding by putting Wii U at 3mil. Then after wii u users donate to get it to that level, he sells the IP to DeepSilver and that way when the game on Wii U gets canned, he says its up to the publisher and is excused of all wrong doing.  Because Deep Silver has stated in the past they have no plans to support the Wii U and Iga can't get in trouble for his actions due to the game now belonging to Deep Silver

He's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Fuck Deep Silver. The publisher is a plague to the industry.

I was afraid of this after seeing some Mighty Number 9 devs helping with Bloodstained .

PwerlvlAmy said:
Cloudman said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

yeah thats the part im worried about since its Deep Silver. If they now own the IP then the Wii U version is now in jeopordy if they have full control over it

But... it`s a stretchgoal that`s going to get passed. They can`t stomp that hope like that... : ( It`s be criminal...

What I'm about to say is probably 100% inaccurate and is absolutely not taking place(probably!). This is what is really happening/potential to happen :O

IGA has a plan,there was never a real option for Wii U,he just wanted to raise that extra money to pocket it. He knew that they can get extra funding by putting Wii U at 3mil. Then after wii u users donate to get it to that level, he sells the IP to DeepSilver and that way when the game on Wii U gets canned, he says its up to the publisher and is excused of all wrong doing.  Because Deep Silver has stated in the past they have no plans to support the Wii U and Iga can't get in trouble for his actions due to the game now belonging to Deep Silver

He's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TT_TT It makes me uncertain if I want to donate to the cause anymore...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The fact that Deep Silver is publishing Mighty Number 9, a Kickstarter game also to be released on Wii U, I don't think you have to worry about the publisher purchasing the IP and cancelling it. Comcept (Keiji Inafune's new company) owns the IP to Mighty Number 9. So take that as you will...

kupomogli said:

I find this statement quite amusing, considering your sig features a Deep Silver published game.

Cloudman said:

TT_TT It makes me uncertain if I want to donate to the cause anymore...

Honestly its bad because I was joking about a similar situation before Project Cars was cancelled about similar stuff and then it really happened. I hope I don't have special powers like I'm in Surf Ninja's or something and whatever I say ''What If'' to ends up happening D:

Around the Network
Tyritorious said:

The fact that Deep Silver is publishing Mighty Number 9, a Kickstarter game also to be released on Wii U, I don't think you have to worry about the publisher purchasing the IP and cancelling it. Comcept (Keiji Inafune's new company) owns the IP to Mighty Number 9. So take that as you will...

kupomogli said:

I find this statement quite amusing, considering your sig features a Deep Silver published game.

My sig will feature the game I've last received a trophy for regardless if I liked the game or not.  A week ago it was for Lords of the Fallen, a pretty garbage game, this week it's Saints Row 4, also garbage. 

PwerlvlAmy said:

Mighty No. 9 is published by Deep Silver, and they've confirmed that that, as well as the X1/PS4 version are getting retail releases as well as digital. Considering that I SINCERELY doubt that Bloodstained will be anywhere near as hardware intensive as Project CARS, I have faith. But a fair bit of skepticism should still warrented after all of the CARS bullshit that Slighty Mad's been spewing at Nintendo fans.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Mighty No. 9 is published by Deep Silver, and they've confirmed that that, as well as the X1/PS4 version are getting retail releases as well as digital. Considering that I SINCERELY doubt that Bloodstained will be anywhere near as hardware intensive as Project CARS, I have faith. But a fair bit of skepticism should still warrented after all of the CARS bullshit that Slighty Mad's been spewing at Nintendo fans.

Yeah I'll be geting Mighty No 9 since it will be a retail release on Wii U and if Bloodstained gets funded(more than likely will) then ill get Bloodstained physical release. If there isnt one then I'll just wait for a PSN/XBL sale

kupomogli said:

My sig will feature the game I've last received a trophy for regardless if I liked the game or not.  A week ago it was for Lords of the Fallen, a pretty garbage game, this week it's Saints Row 4, also garbage. 

PSNprofiles.com --> Trophy cards --> Change Background --> Upload your own --> BOOM!

Also, sorry were a victim of Lords of the Fallen.

Not to fall of topic, but I'm surprised to see such excitement towards a physical copy of Bloodstained. We're supposed to be in the digital age of gaming, or at least that's what publishers have been trying to push on console consumers.

Tyritorious said:
kupomogli said:

PSNprofiles.com --> Trophy cards --> Change Background --> Upload your own --> BOOM!

Also, sorry were a victim of Lords of the Fallen.

Not to fall of topic, but I'm surprised to see such excitement towards a physical copy of Bloodstained. We're supposed to be in the digital age of gaming, or at least that's what publishers have been trying to push on console consumers.

I love my physical games <3