By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Sony have 50% in the Next VGC Update - Resolved

Tagged games:

Will Sony have 50% Market Share?

Yes 122 84.72%

No 22 15.28%

Total:144

Are we talking about home consoles or all consoles? because home consoles... possible, all consoles... definitely not.

Around the Network

The PS4 probably will

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No, I don't think so. It will take at least two more weeks ( Therefore I think it will hit 50% market share at around mid-April ).

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
No, I don't think so. It will take at least two more weeks ( Therefore I think it will hit 50% market share at around mid-April ).

What they said. I don't think it'll do it in 1 update, but the way it's going it should happen the second week. 3rd week is absolute tops.

Ruler said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

maybe nobody does. 

but i know sony sure as hell doesnt. the reason it is being bought in droves is because of the hive mind mentality of consumers, not because sony is aggressively putting out top of the line software. 

Hive mentality?Are preferences for stronger hardware, more games, more diverse games, 15 minute game capturing and better built quality hive mentality? Bloodborne is the highest criticly aclaimed 60$ AAA exclusive game by the way.

MS and Nintendo tried to shoehorn in their gimmicks which no body asked for and they are paying the price. The ps4 is game centric without any gimmicks and spent its manufactering cost into stronger hardware thats why its winning.

Exactly. Both MS and Nintendo sought out to create a new market, and gain popularity through differentiation. They both failed in this regard. Sony was the only company that polled the public and the devs and said, "what do you want from a gaming machine". The response from the majority of those polled was "a pure and simple gaming machine". It's pretty obvious why now the majority response to the offerings is PS4.

It's hard for people to understand that, but it's really simple.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

maybe nobody does. 

but i know sony sure as hell doesnt. the reason it is being bought in droves is because of the hive mind mentality of consumers, not because sony is aggressively putting out top of the line software. 

Yes, let's ignore all the 3rd party games on PS4 and only look at Sony games just because Nintendo is the only one releasing games on WiiU. PS4 is selling because it has all the hottest games. Simple as.

Nah Ninsect, only exclusives are real games. Every multiplat is crap anyway.

50.4% according to the newest update

Just went from 49.8% at March 28th to 50.4% at May 16th.

Well done and well deserved.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Probably. But only IF there is another update...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

And... the answer is yes.