By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Inspire You (As A Gamer or a Person)

Tagged games:

WhiteEaglePL said:
Kid Icarus Uprising inspired me to never eat floor ice cream ever again.

Ain't that the truth! :D I'm lactose n' tolerant from that point on.

Around the Network
Eandia said:
All well-written RPGs in general, The Suikoden Series, Final fantasy 4-9, Chrono trigger, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia etc. Any game that requires you to read and understand makes you develop as a person as opposed to shooter genre which is just interested in pumping your adrenaline.

For anyone interested btw, Konami is having weekly Suikoden stream to measure and potentially save the Suikoden series by showing that people still care about it. If enough people join in and discuss it they may release the games on Steam etc.

So please join in at http://www.twitch.tv/konami 3:30 PM Pacific time every weekday and discuss the series or just discover it if you're curious.

Inspiration can come from any game I think. I'm no fan of FPS but I know somebody is, and they might disagree. Anywho, I might have to watch that live stream. I tried to play the Suikoden games (1+2) but I couldn't for some reason. I am about to buy 3-5 and play those because 4 and 5 looked great, I just never got around to playing them. Now they're dirt cheap so I'll get em' soon.

arcaneguyver said:
Persona 3 taught me to burn my dread! (Specifically, to get out there and try/do things I'm not sure of, cuz it's better to try and regret than to regret never trying.) Also - social links, studying & sleep are important!

Persona is also a game that I have yet to play but am about to. I hear that these games are really good at subconsiously teaching you something because the game is so interesting while you play. I can't wait to catch up on this series over the summer.

As for the post, that is very true as I am finding out. It is much better to regret because at least you learn something in the process that might prevent you from regretting again. As a college student...sleep is gold.

Shadow of the Collossus and MGS2

Ljink96 said:
Cloudman said:
Oh, I got a good one, and a niche one too. Gobli`s Adventure on RPG Maker for the PS1. This is an excellent and cute game about a minor enemy who wants to become a boss. So he goes on a quest to try to change his status from enemy, to boss character. Watching this character who wants to challenge his role and strive for something better I found to be very inspiring and felt like it not only spoke to me, but could with anyone that plays it. It sort of feels like a life lesson in a small game. Even now, I remember it fondly, and some day, I would like to do a comic based on this game... : )

Wow...was not expecting Gobli's Adventure. My brother played that game a while ago. We're as Niche as Niche gets around where I'm from. Anyway, that's a pretty damn good lesson to learn from such a simple game. I would love to see the comic if it ever gets done. Your art is pretty solid from what I see in signatures and avatars n' stuff. Even the smallest of things can impact you on great levels eh?

Wow, you actually know where Gobli's Adventure is from. I am impressed x ) Yeah, it really tugged my heartstrings. If I even get started on that comic, I may post it on the site, or try to find to find a hub for it at least.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 9 has been an inspiration for me because of the characters and their personalities and the story itself. All of that completed me as a gamer.

TLOU also inspired me a lot. Made me want to have a daughter in a post-apocalyptic world and protect her at all costs.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Twewy teached me others' worth in my autistic teenage years.

fluky-nintendy said:
Final Fantasy 9 has been an inspiration for me because of the characters and their personalities and the story itself. All of that completed me as a gamer.

TLOU also inspired me a lot. Made me want to have a daughter in a post-apocalyptic world and protect her at all costs.

I sadly, haven't played FF9. I hear it's REALLY good and the characters are diverse. TLOU is a great one as I said earlier. It changed the way that games could be expressed. It inspired me to write better stories actually. It was so solid and the dialogue was awesome in its own right.

Ljink96 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Super Rub A Dub. It reminds you that you're just a little duck in the big pond we call life and that no matter how much your life feels like its tilting in a direction you do not like by an unknown sixaxis control... at the end of the day, you're still a duck and ducks are made to swim. So keep swimming,keep fighting all of life's tilting and you too,just like super rub a dub duck,will find your end level goal

lol now I just have to play it. Sounds interesting. I think this is a game that would really inspire me right now because there's some major tilting going on right now. But I am a duck and I was made to swim so I'll make it. Great post.

Thanks!

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick