By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 “Almost Approaching” 80% Market Share in Many Countries

PS4 “Almost Approaching” 80% Current Generation Market Share in Many Countries

During the Electronics Investor Relations Day 2015, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House mentioned something rather interesting about the sales of PlayStation 4.

According to House, the PS4 is approaching a 80% market share in many countries.

“The two strengths that we offer […] are one, a really significant global reach, and particularly very strong market share in many countries outside of Europe. I think we’re almost approaching an 80% market share of next generation in many of these territories.”

House also mentioned that the shift in market share is a good offset to the increased bargaining power of the biggest publishers that offer the most relevant blockbusters.

source

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I don't doubt it. Wonder just how high it will go in some of the very PS centric countries.

im willing to bet in some countries in the middle east or asia it will reach 90% or higher. 

Why are they still buying the PS4 when it has no exclusives scheduled for the western holidays?

.- -... -.-. -..

I bet US elites and politicians are not happy that for once not Americans have 80% marketshare in one IT sphere around the world

That's what happens when you do no wrong and your competitors shoot themselves in the foot. Hopefully both nintendo and Microsoft are smarter next gen.

Around the Network

Spider-sense ti- Outside of Europe?

Great, but he also say the first party for 2015 is little sparse thats makes M$ easy win November and December
Is going to be Summer Until dawn, tearaway and then nothing hope Sony have cool Third party exclusives dlc deals

PieToast said:
Why are they still buying the PS4 when it has no exclusives scheduled for the western holidays?

Most peoples libraries are primarily made up of 3rd party games. While the internet loves exclusives (console wars) the average consumer simply doesnt care. 

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

ABTR said:
Great, but he also say the first party for 2015 is little sparse thats makes M$ a potential win in the US for November and December
Is going to be Summer Until dawn, tearaway and then nothing hope Sony have cool Third party exclusives dlc deals

Fixed.

I'd include UK but last year when all was said and done PS4 lost November, but Won December and they were equal when both months were totalled.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

increased bargaining power of the biggest publishers you say.