By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi Woolly World - Full game Impressions ! (Tons of new videos :3)

Metacritic range?

+ 90 13 20.63%

85 - 89 25 39.68%

80 - 84 15 23.81%

75 - 79 5 7.94%

70 - 74 2 3.17%

100/100 2 3.17%

Yoshi Woolly Boom 1 1.59%

Total:63

Anything in the 80's range is my guess

Around the Network

Still think this is one big waste of time, though to a lesser extent than Captain freaking Toad or Kirby Paintbrush/Curse.

Hope it fails to meet expectations or profit or just bomb in general but it won't because MARIO. I think 74-80.

WhiteEaglePL said:

Still think this is one big waste of time, though to a lesser extent than Captain freaking Toad or Kirby Paintbrush/Curse.

Hope it fails to meet expectations or profit or just bomb in general but it won't because MARIO. I think 74-80.

Chill man, this is going to be a great game, is one of the most wanted games this year of a bunch of users around here, this is not "Mario" by the way, this is Yoshi, is quite different on its gampaly and aesthetics.

And we don´t have a proper home console Yoshi since 1994.

1997 if we count Yoshi Story as a proper Yoshi game, ehem...

Goodnightmoon said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Chill man, this is going to be a great game, is one of the most wanted games this year of a bunch of users around here, this is not "Mario" by the way, this is Yoshi, is quite different on its gampaly and aesthetics.

I know, so I think it's great that those that buy will enjoy a lot.  even if it's in 70's/80's that's still a great score.

(but if you think about that it could have been a f zero or kid icarus 3d dk or something instead.... lol.)

WhiteEaglePL said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I know, so I think it's great that those that buy will enjoy a lot.  even if it's in 70's/80's that's still a great score.

(but if you think about that it could have been a f zero or kid icarus 3d dk or something instead.... lol.)

Yeah I know, But to be honest, if I had to choose between all the "little" games released on the WiiU, I choose this one. I like Captain toad a  lot, and I want Kirby someday, But Yoshi is the most special one I think, and Is more ambitious than it seems, they had to make everything that you see on the game with real yarn, they create real scenarios just to now how to do the actual graphics of the game on a natural way, lots of work. and is not just a beautiful thing, the gameplay is affected by this decision in a fresh way.

Not to mention that is the sequel of one of the best platformers ever made. And the previews of the game are really good, I think it will surprise a bit, I´m going to 85 on Meta.

Around the Network

I think it's going to be 85-89.
It will have more than Tropical Freeze, even if this is not logical at all (Tropical Freeze deserve more than 90 for sure).

Seems like we'll get another good Yoshi game after 20 years...

Should be 80+, maybe 85, but Tropical Freeze only got 83.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Goodnightmoon said:

First, big name platformers aren't very common anymore so Nintendo still showing the genre love is not a problem in my eyes.  A COD clone would be a much more unnecessary creation.  Not saying you suggest that, just making a point: when someone says something is unnecessary, in my eyes it means it is part of a very over saturated genre.

Second and more important, this isn't something as simple as "they could have made x game instead" due to the difference in studio skill sets and available resources.  The budget and resources used for this game are not necessarily equal to those of another title.  In fact, given a third party was brought in it almost certainly is not.

Platina said:
I'm not sure where this will stand, but I highly doubt it'll get high 80s and 90s

Epic Yarn managed to get an 86, so you never know!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---