By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why I think Heroes of the Storm should flop

Ruler said:
Blizzard is pretty much like sega and other dead companies, they go after free to play crowd and mobile instead making high quality titles like warcraft 4. Their next game overcharge is also trying to steal TF players.

Can I just ask you an hoenst question, why are Blizz not allowed to step outside their old boundaries and trying genres they haven't dipped their toes into before?, they've covered MMO's and were kings in that ring and still are more or less, they did the same with RTS a few times before and then with ARPG's.

I find them dipping their toes into new zones like FPS and card games/Moba's to be something new for them to try their hand at, they shouldn't just stick to MMO's/RTS and slightly ARPG's the rest of their lives.

Also if you claim they are just trying to steal TF2 players, so are most other shooters, all of them are competing for your entertainment and tbh it's fair game ebcause that's how it should be rather than TF2 just being the one good game of it's kind or being king forever, change and competition is good.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Too bad for you as it is insanely popular and fun. First moba type game i actually like.

green_sky said:
Too bad for you as it is insanely popular and fun. First moba type game i actually like.

Same, I actually hated Moba's before thanks to the scene LoL set for itself and Dota 2, the community being very toxic (not claiming Blizz/HotS community are saints but aren't the bottom worst), but with HotS it was easy to just jump into and enjoy.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
green_sky said:

Same, I actually hated Moba's before thanks to the scene LoL set for itself and Dota 2, the community being very toxic (not claiming Blizz/HotS community are saints but aren't the bottom worst), but with HotS it was easy to just jump into and enjoy.

Glad you are enjoying it too. I think they got a lot of things right for new players to the genre. The game has more than enough depth for more dedicated players and esports, etc too. 

The average time for the match is around 15-20 minutes, which i think is just perfect for pick up and play too. Some of those Dota 2 matches can go on forever and forever. :)

Heroes Of The Storm is the first moba that I tried and actually enjoyed playing.

Around the Network

Considering the genre came to life through Blizzard games (not by Blizz devs, I know), I'd say Blizzard are entitled to try their hand at the genre. I tried the game during the alpha stage but wasn't really hooked though. Maybe I should give it a try now to see how it evolved.

Signature goes here!

@greensky. It can't be too bad for me if I didn't really like it though. :P

It is bad for you because your reasoning amounted to that i don't like this new game from Blizzard. Therefore, it should flop. 

I don't like LOL, Dota 2 and Smite but i don't have a stance that they "should" flop. $_$

Heroes is a MOBA for casuals. It is tactically stripped bare and presents a considerably simplified package compared to the top pro MOBAs. So I don't see it succeeding to the level of LoL or Smite.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix