By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lies of Slightly Mad (Project Cars) Head of the studio confess that they were overpromising

Thoughts?

I hate them a bit :) 44 16.79%

I hate them a lot :D 36 13.74%

Nah, just a bunch of liars 66 25.19%

Project Liar 115 43.89%

Total:261

I don't think that the folks at project cars were necessarily lying, at least not blatantly, it's more just a case of time making fools of us all. At the time the comments were made in the op they may well have been completely honest, at the time the wii u version may well have been a higher priority over the ps3 and 360 versions, but that was before the ps4 and xb1 launch. Really, look at the change in tone just in the second comment, it went from, "Holy shit the wii u version is fucking insane," to, "well, it can still deliver the core experience, I guess," just after new hardware hit the shelves. It was just bad timing.

One thing that never changed is that project cars, at its core, is more of a pc benchmark game than anything, console versions were always secondary at best.

Around the Network

I don't hate them. I'm just slightly mad at them.

Sorry if that pun has already been used a dozen times

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Seems like they saw how much effort a good version would need, plus the gap it would have with other versions, Plus limited sales, plus new console and decided it had bad return of investiment.

It isn't a Lie unless you prove that when they said it they knew it wasn't their intention to meet. Seems like no one here ever missed a goal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

WolfpackN64 said:
They promised things they can't deliver.

Now the internet will devour them.

Just like Nintendo this gen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Originally Posted by Ian Bell
Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo users.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Originally Posted by Ian Bell
Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo users.

How mean.

yup shows how much of a douchebag he really is

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Real lack of profissionalism in their part.And as said above, the internet will devour them

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If they released a Wii U version, we'd just hear people complain about it being gimped and how they didn't buy it because of that. The rationalizations would flow like wine. The studio knows that, I'm sure. With the PS3/360 versions being cancelled, there is no longer a "worst version" buffer.

Either way, it's a no-win situation. They're just looking to take the path of least financial risk.

I would imagine this will probably help set a precedent and I doubt many other studios will promise a Wii U version early in the development cycle, even if they're thinking about it. Better to announce for PC/PS4/XO and remain silent about the Wii U, then announce it later if it turns out to be feasible.

I'm over it. It ain't happening so time to move on.

RolStoppable said:
Did we ever get to see a Wii U gameplay video?

No, that is one of the mysterious thing that reafirms my theory, they don´t even touch that version of the game since 2013.

Ian Bell said that they didn´t show anything because no developer shows a 23fps trailer. But then.... why no pictures? to low fps?