By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U version of Project CARS facing troubles, likely cancelled

MohammadBadir said:
JRPGfan said:
Wii U is just too weak compaired to the Xbox One & PS4.
Theres no way around that truth, then add ontop of that its crazy hard to develop games for and... yeah.

It isnt getting as many 3rd party games.

I hope nintendos next system is either ARM or x86, not some IMB Powerpc type weird cpu.
I also hope they go with a APU from AMD, and work abit on ease of development for the system.

Please tell me where you've heard that it's "crazy hard" to develop for.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/the-next-generation-according-to-game-developers

"By comparison, 63% of developers who spoke to IGN said the Wii U would be the most challenging platform to develop for. One creator went as far as saying, “we won’t be working on Wii U due to these complexities,” - ign 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

^ this one explains why maybe there wasnt that much 3rd party support from the start.

Recammend reading the intire thing.

Around the Network

one of the biggest reasons I don't back kickstarter projects. Pretty dickish move, but not surprising for everyone following the news.
They simply made multiple mistakes over the course of development. (As it turned out) bad PR especially for the WiiU owners, but also 360 and PS3 owners; multiple delays (and the additional delay of the WiiU version); spending far too much time improving the graphics without even thinking about how to get the game running decently on technically inferior consoles.

kitler53 said:
i think necros are illegal now so i'll just leave this here.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5713226

Lol, that's my old thread. Back when I still believed the Wii U had a chance (before the PS4 and X1 were announce)..... How times have changed.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

JRPGfan said:
Nuvendil said:
Well, these guys are on my blacklist. Used the Nintendo fan base and sites as tools to build hype (cause sure as crap they had no shot in the shadow of Drive Club, Forza, the inevitable GT, or even The Crew at the time) and then threw them aside like trash as soon as they got in bed with the big money at Bamco. I don't care about the game; not a racing Sim fan. But their conduct has been inexcusably unprofessional.

They underestimated how hard it is to make a Wii U port.  That Doesnt mean I think their conduct has been porfessional either.

If Nintendos next Consol has a PowerPC type CPU.... it ll be this gen all over or worse, next gen for nintendo.

*Crosses fingers for x86 or ARM, APU next gen for nintendo*

The development issues aren't the primary problem but their conduct.  They bragged on the Wii U constantly to build hype, saying things that are now apparently entirely false and were never true.  And then, once they had the promise of bigger promotion and publication from Namco, they delayed the Wii U version to oblivion and then came out with a fairly demeaning (borderline directly insulting) statement towards fans, a statement that implied that "user disinterest" somehow caused the developmental issues.  My problem is how they have treated Wii U fans, leading them along and then slapping them in the face and ignoring them.  The possible cancelation is just the cherry kn top.  As for power problems, that's just incompetence on their part frankly.  It's a bloody linear racer; this isn't some open world super next gen game.  And not even the best looking one on any platform.  Obviously there can't be parity between the U and the Xbone and PS4, but making a solid port should not be hard.

JRPGfan said:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/the-next-generation-according-to-game-developers

"By comparison, 63% of developers who spoke to IGN said the Wii U would be the most challenging platform to develop for. One creator went as far as saying, “we won’t be working on Wii U due to these complexities,” - ign 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

^ this one explains why maybe there wasnt that much 3rd party support from the start.

Recammend reading the intire thing.

All of those articles were met with hostility and denial but they have all been vindicated in the long run.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
JRPGfan said:
Wii U is just too weak compaired to the Xbox One & PS4.
Theres no way around that truth, then add ontop of that its crazy hard to develop games for and... yeah.

It isnt getting as many 3rd party games.

I hope nintendos next system is either ARM or x86, not some IMB Powerpc type weird cpu.
I also hope they go with a APU from AMD, and work abit on ease of development for the system.

Please tell me where you've heard that it's "crazy hard" to develop for.

Its not "crazy hard" but few would put in the effort to optimise their games for PowerPC when every other home console is x86 based. Beyond that assets can be more or less shared across the the PC, X1 and PC for free while the Wii U would need extra attention and "care". Its hard to describe to someone who isn't a programmer but very few of us like supporting "legacy" platforms.

Nuvendil said:
JRPGfan said:
Nuvendil said:
Well, these guys are on my blacklist. Used the Nintendo fan base and sites as tools to build hype (cause sure as crap they had no shot in the shadow of Drive Club, Forza, the inevitable GT, or even The Crew at the time) and then threw them aside like trash as soon as they got in bed with the big money at Bamco. I don't care about the game; not a racing Sim fan. But their conduct has been inexcusably unprofessional.

They underestimated how hard it is to make a Wii U port.  That Doesnt mean I think their conduct has been porfessional either.

If Nintendos next Consol has a PowerPC type CPU.... it ll be this gen all over or worse, next gen for nintendo.

The development issues aren't the primary problem but their conduct.  They bragged on the Wii U constantly to build hype, saying things that are now apparently entirely false and were never true.  And then, once they had the promise of bigger promotion and publication from Namco, they delayed the Wii U version to oblivion and then came out with a fairly demeaning (borderline directly insulting) statement towards fans, a statement that implied that "user disinterest" somehow caused the developmental issues.  My problem is how they have treated Wii U fans, leading them along and then slapping them in the face and ignoring them.  The possible cancelation is just the cherry kn top.  As for power problems, that's just incompetence on their part frankly.  It's a bloody linear racer; this isn't some open world super next gen game.  And not even the best looking one on any platform.  Obviously there can't be parity between the U and the Xbone and PS4, but making a solid port should not be hard.

But can it play Crysis?  This is just a developer going abit overboard with graphics, wishing to impress people with visuals.

The game is gorgeous though for a racer.

Ok, let's see.... Are they f****** stupid or what? Is running at 23fps 720p without downgrading? SHIT, THEN JUST DOWNGRADE IT, YOU BUNCH OF IMBECILES! It was obvious the Wii U would not be able to run the main version of the game! It was implied that they would need to scale it down! It was damn obvious! And now they complain and surprise about it? They realize NOW that they may need to downgrade the Wii U version? NOW?! For the love of God... this is so stupid is not even funny.

Really, this is beyond me. Stupid people is beyond me. And Slightly Mad Studios people are VERY stupid.

JRPGfan said:
Nuvendil said:
JRPGfan said:
Nuvendil said:

But can it play Crysis?  This is just a developer going abit overboard with graphics, wishing to impress people with visual.

The game is gorgeous though for a racer.

Like I said, it wouldn't have parity.  But there is nothing whatsoever intrinsic to this game that would preclude it running on Wii U and looking pretty good.  And again, the major problem I have is their conduct.  

Vodacixi said:

Ok, let's see.... Are they f****** stupid or what? Is running at 23fps 720p without downgrading? SHIT, THEN JUST DOWNGRADE IT, YOU BUNCH OF IMBECILES! It was obvious the Wii U would not be able to run the main version of the game! It was implied that they would need to scale it down! It was damn obvious! And now they complain and surprise about it? They realize NOW that they may need to downgrade the Wii U version? NOW?! For the love of God... this is so stupid is not even funny.

Really, this is beyond me. Stupid people is beyond me. And Slightly Mad Studios people are VERY stupid.

Its about how far they are going to have to go to comprimise their vision of the game I suspect.

Would you buy the game on the Wii U if it ended up like this:

With Wii U on one side, and the PS4  on the other?