By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U version of Project CARS facing troubles, likely cancelled

Not surprising but i'm not happy about it. The Wii U version was the reason i backed the game.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

Around the Network

Hardly surprising. 23 FPS isn't bad though, maybe they should lower the graphics a bit more.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Disappointed but not surprised. It's like the rest of the gaming industry. SImply about profit. Mad really how so many people pledge alliegience to these morons like as if they care about you or me, or even about making a good product. If the product sucks, and they get their money, that's all that matters.

On another note, there is a poll on their site asking what version you wish to purchase. Most people said Wii U. They have mislead and used Nintendo fans to build hype. Shamless in this regard.

P.S Muff Cabbage

Unfortunately, after looking at articles over the past year or so and now the final version on PS4/XOne, this isn't a huge surprise. Sucks for the people who backed it for the U but hopefully they'll get refunded/provided with an alternate code so no great loss there.

They seem pretty confident that NX will be seen at E3...glad they can be so confident because I don't see it happening at all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Real problem here is that they hope that Nintendo will announce new console at E3, and then they move project to new console.
Wii U version is currently on a hold because of that.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/project_cars_studio_boss_admits_to_problems_with_wii_u_version_hoping_for_nintendo_hardware_announcement_at_e3

Around the Network

To be expected. I mean honestly this is a game that drops to 30fps with weather effects on the PS4. The Wii U version was rumored to be 720p30 years ago, who wants to race at 720p15?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Mr.Playstation said:

Hardly surprising. 23 FPS isn't bad though, maybe they should lower the graphics a bit more.

That 480p Wii U experiance. (its already running 720p with much lower graphics settings than the PS4/XBox One).

But yeah thats probably the only solution to it, if you want it running 30fps.

It looks like they finally started on the Wii U version, drank some coffee and just quit.

The next hardware announcement is a straw man argument. Worst of all they are throwing the hot potato in Nintendo's hands.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

well i dont care about this game but its really kind of a rip of scince the kickstarter was amde for pc and wii u and know they did ps4 and xbox one. I could understand that many wii u backers will get very very angry.

The game would sell poor anyway. Delay such a game destroys sales (hello watchdogs)

Conegamer said:
Unfortunately, after looking at articles over the past year or so and now the final version on PS4/XOne, this isn't a huge surprise. Sucks for the people who backed it for the U but hopefully they'll get refunded/provided with an alternate code so no great loss there.

They seem pretty confident that NX will be seen at E3...glad they can be so confident because I don't see it happening at all.

It's not that they belive that NX will be shown, is that they hope NX will be shown so they can do what they did with the PS360 versions and cancel the WiiU version for a NX one.

Which, in my opinion, would be another bad move that only would grant them even more bad press.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.