By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Home in March!

kingofwale said:
twesterm said:
That's a little scary actually after seeing this.

I was a little scared myself, but then I saw this.

and this....

and all the sudden, I don't feel as afraid. :) 

Not the same thing as there are ~10 million XBL users and a few million brawl player, but funny nonetheless.

Look people.  Let's not turn this into an arugment over the stability of the beta, but rather, let's discuss the topic at hand, which is the linking of Playstation.com forum accounts with your PSN, and what that could possibly mean, cause this argument is going nowhere.

Around the Network

I hop Home comes out(the open beta) this month, I would be very happy. I cant buy games until late april or june, therefore Home would hopefully hold my desperation for games till then.

mM

doesnt the closed beta end march 31?

thats what i heard from DLB. so if this is true how could an open beta happen?

twesterm said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Twestern,stop trolling.

Do you know what trolling is?  It's pretty valid to be worried about Home when it can't handle 40 people at a time and is busy corrupting data.

Yea, and I am sure the reason you are following this so closely is you are worried. You have a love for owners of the PS3, and above all, you have their best interest at heart.

I am sure that's what it is.

TheRealMafoo said:
twesterm said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Twestern,stop trolling.

Do you know what trolling is? It's pretty valid to be worried about Home when it can't handle 40 people at a time and is busy corrupting data.

Yea, and I am sure the reason you are following this so closely is you are worried. You have a love for owners of the PS3, and above all, you have their best interest at heart.

I am sure that's what it is.

So from your comment I can assume you just don't want to hear bad news?

It's no secret I think Home is silly and a bad substitute for XBox Dashboard but that doesn't mean I want it to fail miserably and can't be worried about how well it will run. I do have a PS3 and I will give it a try and I would rather not have something that is just plain crap even if it is for free.

If I had said something like OMG Home is going 2 b teh sux! lol stupid ps3 fans that would be trolling, posting an article about Home in a Home topic isn't trolling.

Just because you don't like a comment does not mean it's a troll comment.  Remember, raising concerns on something that is released on a Sony platform isn't an attack on the PS3 and itn'st an attack on you so don't take it so personally.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
kingofwale said:
twesterm said:
That's a little scary actually after seeing this.

I was a little scared myself, but then I saw this.

and all the sudden, I don't feel as afraid. :)

1,000,000 is slightly greater than 40.

And as for people keep saying that this is a beta server and it's alright, I've hosted Counterstike and UT2k4 matches on my crappy old laptop with close or that many people and it runs better than that.  40 shouldn't be a problem.

40 in the same Home location instance, but most likely they are not running a single instance on each server. I bet that each server will host many instances of Home locations. I believe the lock ups reports leaked on the Internet but the truth is we don't know what they are doing on the closed beta, what are they testing, etc, and I seriously doubt the problem is that they cannot handle "40" concurrent clients per server, that is simply hard to believe.

Anyway, at GDC, during a Home session, they said they had up to 64 concurrent clients per instance with no problems and would most likely lock each instance to a maximum of 64 clients for the final release. So this lock up issues might be something related to the bubble machines, the new graphics, new physics, some crappy bug they introduced in their network code, etc. Whatever it is seems to have been introduced with 0.8 release they did right after GDC.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I just don't care about Home. I just want the new firmware with in-game XMB and DTS-MA decoding.

Didn't they say the same in like November?

cool48 said:
Didn't they say the same in like November?

Executives weren't happy with it, so they delayed it.

And as for people keep saying that this is a beta server and it's alright, I've hosted Counterstike and UT2k4 matches on my crappy old laptop with close or that many people and it runs better than that. 40 shouldn't be a problem.

What does that have to do with anything? Were you running beta versions of Counterstrike and UT2k4?

Do you know what a beta is?