By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Serving Crow A Little Early, Who's Joining For Dinner? (Aka Admiting Your Wrong)

spemanig said:

I still think people are harshly overestimating how well this thing will do. It won't be nearly as big as people here are making it sound. Not when it's U.S. preorders were only at 17K two months ago. By comparison, MK8 was at 71K two months before launch.

Bayonetta 2 had 44K two months before launch. Pikmin 3 had 33K two months before launch. This isn't a "sleeper hit." It's a sleeper. I don't know where anyone is getting the idea that this is somehow the "next Mario Kart" when literally nobody but Nintendo fans on internet forums have even heard the title or care about the game's existence.

This coment will haunt you very soon man...

2 months ago Splatoon wasn´t on COMG

Now it has 111 points and it´s 2º.

Who the hell knows how is Splatoon doing on the pre-orders on US?

Around the Network
spemanig said:

I still think people are harshly overestimating how well this thing will do. It won't be nearly as big as people here are making it sound. Not when it's U.S. preorders were only at 17K two months ago. By comparison, MK8 was at 71K two months before launch.

Bayonetta 2 had 44K two months before launch. Pikmin 3 had 33K two months before launch. This isn't a "sleeper hit." It's a sleeper. I don't know where anyone is getting the idea that this is somehow the "next Mario Kart" when literally nobody but Nintendo fans on internet forums have even heard the title or care about the game's existence.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Nobody expects MK levels of sales and the US pre orders are worth absolutely nothing on this site.

Just so we are clear because you think we are overestimating (Especially a few including me), pls give me your best estimates to each question.

First Week Sales for Splatoon in Japan and US? (we'll get answers for these 100%)

By end of June how much of this will This have sold (Shipped+Digital)

Lifetime Sales?

Edit: Comparing 2 months before release is definitely a bad choice. Look at pre orders in japan, shot up after Demo's success.

Blob said:
I think we should hold off a few months for the first weeks sales before we start celebrating.

Yes this show boating can't be had this early on, At least a month for NPD and I don't know? 4 months out from when sales get posted here. lol

spemanig said:

You missed the biggest question of all; will it sell on par with the Wonderful 101? :p

When I first saw it in their e3 direct, I was SOLD! It looked so fun and colourful ( I LOVE colour ). BUT! never knew it would really get this much attention from both Nintendo ( with all the ads, and the test fire ) and gamers. SO I cant wait for more new IPs from Nintendo in this coming e3. - not much news are coming from those 'Project' stuff yet so.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
spemanig said:

You missed the biggest question of all; will it sell on par with the Wonderful 101? :p

If you look at that gaf thread and several here on vgc, you see people are actually serious. No lie 40-50% of people before the demo came out had expectations of lifetime being W101-500k/600k lifetime. 

Though now you have some slightly raising predictions, Splatoon is still going to do beyond even those :)

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

If you look at that gaf thread and several here on vgc, you see people are actually serious. No lie 40-50% of people before the demo came out had expectations of lifetime being W101-500k/600k lifetime. 

Though now you have some slightly raising predictions, Splatoon is still going to do beyond even those :)

The VGChartz member who made the Wonderful 101 comparison stands by his claim that it will sell in the same ballpark, to my knowledge.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

The VGChartz member who made the Wonderful 101 comparison stands by his claim that it will sell in the same ballpark, to my knowledge.

I know who your talking about but i seenother 200k-300k lifetime believers, and Neogaf..... Oh man over 500+ replies and many of them arent pretty, i visit the MC/Famistu thread there and of course there are people downplaying it sales. Some think COMG Is a joke (we use it for FW estimates)

There are still many that believe the game wont do 500k+ lifetime. One guy here still thinks Japans FW will be under 40k even after COMG Blowout and News of a successful Demo+Advertisements!!!!

tbone51 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Nobody expects MK levels of sales and the US pre orders are worth absolutely nothing on this site.

Just so we are clear because you think we are overestimating (Especially a few including me), pls give me your best estimates to each question.

First Week Sales for Splatoon in Japan and US? (we'll get answers for these 100%)

By end of June how much of this will This have sold (Shipped+Digital)

Lifetime Sales?

Edit: Comparing 2 months before release is definitely a bad choice. Look at pre orders in japan, shot up after Demo's success.

I'm in no position to give hard numbers on something like that, though I can say that I wouldn't be suprised go see it reach Bayonetta 2-like sales long term. I also wouldn't be suprised to see it fall short of that.

Who says the US preorder sales are worth nothing? Am I missing the consensus where it was unanimously agreed that VGChartz' preorder numbers are unreliable? Or did I miss the day when the US stopped being the shooter capital of the world?

Where are the Japanese preorder numbers? What are they? How much did they shoot up?

Goodnightmoon said:

This coment will haunt you very soon man...

2 months ago Splatoon wasn´t on COMG

Now it has 111 points and it´s 2º.

Who the hell knows how is Splatoon doing on the pre-orders on US?

Doubt it.

What is COMG?

111 points of what? What does 2º mean?