By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Axes Wii U Basic Model in Japan, But "No Plans" for West

I wished they would make a 500 gb sku eventually
since digital is destroying Nintendo's expectations.....

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
I wished they would make a 500 gb sku eventually
since digital is destroying Nintendo's expectations.....

Lol,people are begging for a wii u price drop and you suggest price increase!:P

You can always buy or use if you already have,an external hard disk...Capacity of wii u isn't a problem!

Make a fire sale, Nintendo! You move all those stocked WiiUs, you can focus on one model, and I get to buy a cheap machine! Everybody wins!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wii U basics are very rare in West long time now.

Yeah, I remember reading about Nintendo stopped shipping those in NA either early 2014 or toward the end of 2013.

But either way, hopefully the failure of the 8 GB (seriously hope whatever moron(s) thought that is a good idea is no longer with the hardware division if not the whole company) sku, taught Nintendo a lesson so that in the future they won't try to cheap out on hard drive space unless they sell the device cheap as well.

Imagine if they would have sold the 8 GB for $200 to $225 at launch how many units they would have moved. A lot of people would have been pissed about buying external hard drives but that price would have snagged some folk better then the original starting point of $300 for 8 GB and $50 more getting you 4 times more.

Around the Network

It`s about time. Why get an 8 gig when you can get the larger 32 one? I don`t understand why they can`t just have the two different colors be in 32. Not everyone wants a black Wii U u_u;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

tak13 said:

The basic set had been already axed in the west,no plans for the west pertains to white wii u 32 GB....
There is no white white wii u 32gb in the west while Japan will get it soon...

The Shiro Premium Wii U (32GB White) has been out for some time in Japan,

I remember Kamiya tweeting about buying one to play The Wonderful 101.

I actually thought the thing was already axed like over a year ago .

8GB for a console with such a focus on downloadable games and content was always a silly idea.

I honestly didnt know the White Wii U was still being made.

I have not seen one here for over a year now.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda