By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite video game of all time, and why?

Super Smash Bros. Melee. Best fighting game. Best game ever. Not only are all of my favorite characters in it, but up to four people can play (what other fighting games besides Super Smash Bros. let up to four people play?), the action is intense, the action is fast, the items only make the game better, and the graphics are great.

What about you?

Around the Network

mario kart 64. battle. big donut. lmao, so many hours wasted, but never gets old.

Yeah, I know, I loved that game. Its average review was 4.00/5.00. I thought it was under rated. It should have gotten something like 4.50/5.00. Oh well...

Dr. Mario. Got it when I was about 7 years old because it was one of the only games I could get my father to play with me. I still play it regularily to this day. I find that its one of the few games that can hold interest for my dad, sister, brother, fiance, myself and gamers both old and new that i've met over the years. Only has 3 songs in the whole game but man do they rock. Simple gameplay to learn and not much of a learning curve to master it. Always great multiplayer fun.

My mother is addictive to Dr. Mario, she always plays it while watching tv.

But my favourite game ever is Donkey Kong Country for the SNES because it was my first console game and I played it through so many times... It looks great and it plays great, and the humour Rare put into it is also great. I love Cranky!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

the most fun i had with Golden Eye N64: iam missing the time when playing with some friends in "Golden Gun" mode i'll never forget this time

Eternal Darkness.... Best game ever... Best gameplay... Best Storyline... Very thrilling

For single player it would be Tomb Raider without a doubt. Everything about the game from the music to the level design was brilliant, it has such a feeling of haunting loneliness at times. For multiplayer it would be Unreal Tournament. I racked up so many hours in it and it's always amazing to see the truly gifted players, some of them play so differently that it's almost like comparing different martial arts.

Zelda Ocarina of Time, it was just beautiful and set the standards for many games today. It was huge, unlinear, could do whatever the hell u wanted. Could play for months and not do the main storyline and still have fun. The levels were vast and, for the time, more amazing than had ever been seen in a game, and they were all fun but terrifying at the same time (ok, please remember i was like 10 when i first played this game, the graveyard level was well scary!! :P) ahh... memories :P and its got a fair replay value, ive played through it like 7 times :P For multiplayer.... it has to be Mellee or Mario kart 64, both were groundbreaking in it and are sooo much fun :P

Singleplayer: Zelda OoT this game dont needs explaination. truly the best game ever made =) Multiplayer: Perfect Dark N64 so much time played in multiplayer. the best time ever with an FPS. with only shotgun an handgun armed, played 15 hours at once. yiiiehhhaaa =)