By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid U made by Platinum games?

I don't know if that pic is a sign of something, but i wouldn't mind if PG did something it. Maybe a little more action would be good for the series.

Around the Network

Some people really forgot Metroid: Other M it seems.

Samus Aran said:

It's a repetitive button masher with a very short campaign and horrible story. What's there to like about it? I can beat the game just mashing buttons and avoiding the easy attacks.

No idea how that game got 92% while many great games didn't. Lack of content all of a sudden isn't an issue with Bayonetta 2, but it is with Splatoon?

Agh too much to explain for my terrible english, it would be a torture. Short version:

Hack and slash has been always like that, this is the best hack and slash ever made, by a landslide. And it´s pretty obvious by the way, this is one of your eccentricities. The game is dream for any action fan, it´s impossible to get bored with it, it´s all about the gameplay and the action never stops, is everytime more and more epic, and, like all Nintendo games, is easy to control but hard to master and with a flexible difficulty, it´s up to you if you want to be the fucking boss or a mediocre player that only wants to finish the game. 100% Nintendo style in there.

They really don´t deserve your hate. 

Goodnightmoon said:

Agh too much to explain for my terrible english, it would be a torture. Short version:

Hack and slash has been always like that, this is the best hack and slash ever made, by a landslide. And it´s pretty obvious by the way, this is one of your eccentricities. The game is dream for any action fan, it´s impossible to get bored with it, it´s all about the gameplay and the action never stops, is everytime more and more epic, and, like all Nintendo games, is easy to control but hard to master and with a flexible difficulty, it´s up to you if you want to be the fucking boss or a mediocre player that only wants to finish the game. 100% Nintendo style in there.

They really don´t deserve your hate. 

It's one of the best. Not THEE best!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

If you're gonna do a FPS, do it like Prime. If you're gonna do a 2D Sidescroller, do a 2D.5 game like Super Metroid. Is PG gonna work on Metroid or Star Fox??? That's my question.

Around the Network
Rafie said:

I think it is. But we can agree that is one of the best at least.

Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh Samus, we all know that you didn´t like Bayonetta, but that doesn´t change the reality: is an awesome game and Platinum Games a great developer. Yes, I agree they are not the right choice to make Metroid because PG is action focused developer and that doesn´t fit well with Metroid (maybe with Star Fox). But just because you don´t like Bayonetta doesn´t mean anything more than "not your cup of tea", you have to learn the difference between "I don´t like it" and "Is a f*king shit", because everytime you don´t like something is the worst overrated shit in this world, and that is an extremely egocentric behaviour.

I feel weird everytime that I hear you saying that, because I´m part of that dumb vocal minority with no idea of videogames that loves Bayonetta, not only me, tons of wiiu owners around this forum, you only have to look Meta to see 80 critics giving the game a 9.1, but not only that, there´s 800 users giving the game an average of 90, at this point is when you have to ask yourself if you are right and everyone wrong or maybe, maaaybe, is not a game for you. And don´t use the bad sales as a excuse, because tons of great games have terrible sales and you know it.

It's a repetitive button masher with a very short campaign and horrible story. What's there to like about it? I can beat the game just mashing buttons and avoiding the easy attacks.

No idea how that game got 92% while many great games didn't. Lack of content all of a sudden isn't an issue with Bayonetta 2, but it is with Splatoon?

I personally found the story very good.

The hack and slash is some of the smoothest hack and slashes out there

The campagin took IGN 15 hours and most people I ask it takes about 9 hours. It took me 10.

It has the Witch trials after the campaign, plus VERY smooth online.

All in all, I guess story wise, it is personal preference. Because a lot of people agree it has an amazing story.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I just shat my pants..
OH, time to blow off the dust on my wii u.

I have been waiting for this for years, I'm having a massive nerdgasm....

Goodnightmoon said:
Rafie said:

Thank you. I herald Bayonetta, DMC, God Of War as the best hack and slashers. Of course there are other games that's noted as honorable mentions. Still, those are my top hack and slashes. My opinion of course.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Thank you. I herald Bayonetta, DMC, God Of War as the best hack and slashers. Of course there are other games that's noted as honorable mentions. Still, those are my top hack and slashes. My opinion of course.

I guess you are talking of Devil May Cry and not only Dmc, but did you like it?  I think that game has an awesome gameplay but everybody hates it :S ...