By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo UK believes that Splatoon will be a system seller

Will Splatoon be a system seller?

Definitely! 73 53.68%

Not really... 63 46.32%

Total:136

Nintendo UK is confident that they will be able to pull in those Nintendo fans who have yet to purchase a Wii U with its new colourful new IP,Splatoon. Nintendo UK marketing manager Chandra Nair believes that the game will appeal to those Nintendo fans still on the fence about buying the struggling console and could well result in improved sales for Nintendo’s current home console. Whether they will be able to do this remains to be seen, but it will certainly be interesting to watch.

“If you don’t own a Wii U, you need one for this game,” begins Nair. “And Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros, The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors and so on”

“We’re targeting Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros owners but we’re using this opportunity to talk to lapsed Nintendo fans, too. Wii U has a fantastic software line-up and there really is something for everyone. There are a whole load of non-Wii U owning, lapsed Nintendo fans out there who will be tipped over the edge by Splatoon.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/18/nintendo-believes-it-can-win-over-nintendo-fans-who-have-yet-to-buy-a-wii-u-with-splatoon/

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

A system seller, you say? They clearly have more confidence in the game than I do.

The game will do well and being a budget title, it's prone to being picked up from a number of "impulse buyers". But it doesn't seem like the kind of game which would really fly off the shelves and push someone on the fence into buying it. A bundle might help, ofcourse.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Honestly dont think people without a Wii U will flock to buy the system for this game.

I think the game will sell well... but most of those sales will be to people that already own a Wii U

(dont think it pushes people without to go buy the system).

Xenoblade, Zelda, mario... those games push consol sales.

A new budget title IP thats a shooter? imo no.

It will sell systems... Just not a significant amount imo. But who knows, maybe it will surprise me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Are people ever gonna stop with this? Wii U is doomed to sell worse than GCN, accept and move on already!

Around the Network

Lol check out the comments:

"No they can’t. Sorry but it’s true."

"And releasing a half finished game only makes things worse."

"Sorry, Nintendo, I’m a Smash Bros. and Mario Kart fan so I bought a 3DS. :) Splatoon won’t do the trick, I’m afraid. I’m really wondering what Nintendo’s project NX is!!"

"Yeah, those awful ads are going to certainly push people onto this side of the fence… smh"

"No. Not happening. If this was CoD and has blood scene every where, maybe."

JRPGfan said:
Lol check out the comments:

"No they can’t. Sorry but it’s true."

"And releasing a half finished game only makes things worse."

"Sorry, Nintendo, I’m a Smash Bros. and Mario Kart fan so I bought a 3DS. :) Splatoon won’t do the trick, I’m afraid. I’m really wondering what Nintendo’s project NX is!!"

"Yeah, those awful ads are going to certainly push people onto this side of the fence… smh"

"No. Not happening. If this was CoD and has blood scene every where, maybe."

It's mynintendonews, the worst Nintendo community on the internet.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Are people ever gonna stop with this? Wii U is doomed to sell worse than GCN, accept and move on already!

I dont think this article says anything close to GCN! Besides, System Seller =/= Selling Better than [insert consle] :)

Sigh no Nintendo..... only think that might push a few million additional wii u sales other then the 45k baseline a week is xeno x and Zelda u. Animal crossing u and metroid wouldn't hurt either but they need to release 2015 which they won't except xeno which ain't enough

I disagree, but these comments are interesting as Nintendo is admitting that there are significant numbers of Nintendo fans that have skipped the Wii U. At least they recognize that this is a problem, though a game like Splatoon is not likely going to convince them to jump back in the Nintendo bandwagon.