By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Mario Kart 8] So, Does Anyone Actually Play Battle Mode?

Do ya?

Not at all. 85 62.96%

Very rarely. 31 22.96%

Sometimes. 11 8.15%

Pretty often. 5 3.70%

I battle more than race. 3 2.22%

Total:135

View on YouTube

As you can see, despite having the game for nearly a year now, I've barely played the Battle mode, infact that was the first time in six months. Of course I've always raced more than I've battled in Mario Kart in general, but not to this extent. This is obviously due to how worse they've made it in MK8, what with only one mode and tracks instead of arenas, but we already know about all that. What I'm wondering is if anyone still plays it frequently and if anyone actually has 10k BR. I was able to get into a practically full group on the first try so perhaps the mode isn't as dead as I thought it'd be.

Around the Network

I haven't tried it in MK8. I have played it in every other MK though.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Barely. The battle mode maps are really bad and isn't that fun to play

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Only at parties

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Platina said:

Wait whut? I think you mean they just weren't designed for battle mode, as Toad Harbor, Moo Moo Meadows, Yoshi Valley, etc. aren't bad!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Platina said:

Wait whut? I think you mean they just weren't designed for battle mode, as Toad Harbor, Moo Moo Meadows, Yoshi Valley, etc. aren't bad!

Well, of course I meant that they are bad when playing Battle Mode, but are fine when playing normally.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

cycycychris said:
I play it kind of regularly. Not everyday, but I'll stop in for like a 20 or 30 minute session a few times a week. But Its not enjoyable half the time due to lag, shell hitting someone but not taking away or giving you a ballon, Terrible track(no arenas), and the one mode is getting a bit boring.

I've seen someone at 18K before.

Sounds like your regular play is coming to an end!

18k!? How do you even!? I'd probably die of boredom by 3k!

2 times in my life. And I was very surprised to see so many people in there... anyways, the mode is actually fun when you play against 12 players online, is not like when you play the local multiplayer because there is not enough players for those big maps, that´s boring, and it shouldn´t.

tried it once it was so bad never touched it again and probably never will until they add proper battle mode stages

Goodnightmoon said:

2 times in my life. And I was very surprised to see so many people in there... anyways, the mode is actually fun when you play against 12 players online, is not like when you play the local multiplayer because there is not enough players for those big maps, that´s boring, and it shouldn´t.

Nah even with 12 players nothing much happens the majority of a battle. In the video posted which had 11 players, outside of the triple steal with the single mushroom, which was pretty hype, but the rest was pretty boring.