By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Is Going to Hit 1mil in Sales, and It Wont Take Very Long! (1 Month)

tbone51 said:
Im feeling good about 1mil

Just wondering, what do you think the breakdown would be for 1m in a month? I feel like it would be more or less:

Week 1: 500k

Week 2: 250k

Week 3: 150k

Week 4: 100k

I'm not sure I see that happening tbh.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Tbone is on flames!

Fixed for accuracy! I put down 600k fw on the other thread, so I guess that has to mean I'm also saying 1 million in a month.

Skullwaker said:
tbone51 said:
Im feeling good about 1mil

Just wondering, what do you think the breakdown would be for 1m in a month? I feel like it would be more or less:

Week 1: 500k

Week 2: 250k

Week 3: 150k

Week 4: 100k

I'm not sure I see that happening tbh.

Technically its 5½ Weeks. (my prediction is based off of Quarter results So June 30th is the end date)

Week 1 is May 29th-30th 

Week 2 is May 31st-June 6th 

Week3+4+5..... June 7th-June 27th

Week 6 is June 28th-June 30th (3 days because this is where it ends for the report)

How 1mil? My prediction is 600k sold fw WW, but i think 450k-500k is more likely.....

Week1 620k Shipped 

Week2   80k Shipped  (still selling through original shipment)

Week3 160k Shipped

Week4   50k Shipped 

Week5   30k Shipped

Week6   30k Shipped

The rest Digital??

gergroy said:

Well it certainly isn't going to jump 100's of thousands of preorders in a month and a half.  Preorders will probably finish at 30-40k, with an opening week of perhaps 50-60k here in the states.

Considering how the preorders just jumped in Japan over the last 2 days (and how they did rise over the last 10 days overall), I am pretty sure some similar thing will happen in the US, especially after the Global Testfires. I don't expect over 120k preorders right now, but I'm pretty sure the preorders alone will be over your expected opening week of 50-60k.

Also, due to the constant stream of free updates, the game will probably be quite leggy even for Nintendos standards.

For sure.

Can't think of anyone who played the Global Testfire not buying on Day One.

I bet that many will go for the eShop version despite the Squid Amiibo being bundled with the disc in NoE.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Technically its 5½ Weeks. (my prediction is based off of Quarter results So June 30th is the end date)

Week 1 is May 29th-30th 

Week 2 is May 31st-June 6th 

Week3+4+5..... June 7th-June 27th

Week 6 is June 28th-June 30th (3 days because this is where it ends for the report)

How 1mil? My prediction is 600k sold fw WW, but i think 450k-500k is more likely.....

Week1 620k Shipped 

Week2   80k Shipped  (still selling through original shipment)

Week3 160k Shipped

Week4   50k Shipped 

Week5   30k Shipped

Week6   30k Shipped

The rest Digital??

Ohh okay, shipped + digital in a 5.5 week period is much more realistic. 30k digital isn't an unrealsitic expectation, really. 

I can see where you're coming from now. Not sure I agree necessarily, but 700-800k is in the ballpark I'm thinking of (which would be insane as it is for a new IP on a low selling console).

Shipped is more possible, yup, that sounds more realistic.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
1 Month? I don't think so. Why?

Because Its stuck between The Witcher 3 and Batman AK + The fact that for some reason Nintendo only users are still getting grasp on how online gaming works and may not be interested in a game that relies so much on it.

With that being said, if this game had actually the exact same set up BUT it was called Mario Paintball (with Nintendo Characters) it will sell 5 million copies in 1 year easily. The attachment ratio for Mario games is just ridiculous

"The Witcher" and "Batman" - coming to Wii U??

Both titles are completly irrelevant for the Wii U owner. And they even don't compete with Splatoon as Splatoon defines a new genre within the shooter genre.

If you look closely you'll find that different Nintendo communities like the Zelda and Smash one are hyped about it.

Splatoon doesn't need to be a Mario title. What a luck it isn't. Its a new unique world of its own and it simply works this way.

And Splatoon will not only sell 1 Mio. EASILY within one month but it will have "legs" and get to an attach rate like Smash and Mario Kart. 

There is a reason for that: Nintendo release politics. Splatoon will be "fresh" for the next months to come and will be over and over again in media. 

The biggest splash will make the team building functionality. In August we will see sales numbers skyrocket again.

And if Nintendo gets its act together it might go on with Splatoon entering the eSports arena.

One last word from me - what many forget is Nintendo of Europe:

- Splatoon retail disc is less then 40 EUR

- Splatoon special edition (=disc & squid Amiibo) goes around 45 EUR on the internet

- Splatoon eShop version is discounted for a limited time at 35 EUR for those who have played the Global Testfire Demo

While buying Splatoon in NoA and territory other then NoE is a "no brainer" - in NoE territory its a "no no brainer"...

But don't be upset about that: as living in Europe I can't buy the Squid Amiibo on its own or as in NoA in a Boy/Girl/Squid bundle. Thats a bummer as I go for digital (as I did with MK and Smash)...

The_BlackHeart__ said:
1 Month? I don't think so. Why?

Because Its stuck between The Witcher 3 and Batman AK + The fact that for some reason Nintendo only users are still getting grasp on how online gaming works and may not be interested in a game that relies so much on it.

With that being said, if this game had actually the exact same set up BUT it was called Mario Paintball (with Nintendo Characters) it will sell 5 million copies in 1 year easily. The attachment ratio for Mario games is just ridiculous

That argument doesn't exactly work when the most successful Nintendo franchises (by far) have big online components (Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc.)

Also, The Witcher 3 and Batman should have very little (if any) impact on Splatoon's sales, considering those games aren't on the Wii U.