By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget rides; what themed foods do you hope to see at Nintendo-Universal?

Am I making you hungry?

No, I'm getting thirsty. 3 16.67%

No, I was already hungry. 1 5.56%

I'm always hungry. 12 66.67%

It's like midnight, go t... 2 11.11%

Total:18

Let's be honest, we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment making up dozens of awesome Nintendo-themed rides that will never exist. There will be a couple of rides based on Mario and Pokemon and that's it. The food and shops are where the true potential lies here, and I'm a hungry man so let's come up with some sweet ideas for concession stands, restaurants, stores, vending machines, whatever you want as long as it's edible!

I'll kick things off with something small: a Kirby-themed sweet shop (like Honeydukes in the Harry Potter park). Call it Kirby's Gourmet Race or something. It would sell packaged foods, mostly snacks like Doc Louis's Remedy Chocolate Bar (apparently this was already a real thing) and Mario Galaxy Star Bits (they could literally just be konpeito, try to get some honey flavor in there I guess, but it would be a nifty way to introduce this Japanese snack to the West).

Next up, a Pikmin-themed fruit stand. Get a freshly-squeezed fruit juice or smoothie, maybe some Pikpik carrots for good measure, complete with silly fruit names like 'Citrus Lump' and 'Disguised Delicacy.'

Er, then again, "Insect Condo" might not exactly whet patrons' appetites...

Last but not least, the Milk Bar.

Have a glass of Lon Lon Milk or whatever. They serve alcohol too cause y'know milk gets people drunk in Zelda for some reason. Let's get some live entertainment throughout the day from the Indigo-Gos, these guys --

-- and I dunno man how about if KK Slider drops by every once in a while? I'm beat, it's your turn to make shit up now. Have at it.

On a kinda morbid note, I think Splatoon-themed seafood and any kind of Pokemon-themed food at all are probably a bad idea. Might want to steer clear of those.

Around the Network

The Milk Bar from Majora's Mask.

Princess Peach's "cake"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I can name a handful:

-Ultra Shrooms from Paper Mario

-Chuckola Cola from Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

-Star Bits from Super Mario Galaxy (as mentioned in OP)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Captain_Yuri said:
Princess Peach's "cake"

Around the Network

No Pokemon theme food? How about rare candies, Rage Candy Bars, Lavaridge Cookies, and Casteliacones!?

Zelda can also serve soft drinks as potions and they can come in a glass bottles! Grandma's soup from Windwaker could be a dish too! They can also serve Zelda sweet heart candy grams! 

I think a F-Zero sports bar would be pretty cool too. 

https://youtu.be/MEUMMekS8Gs cut to 0:11

Peach's peach.

Shrooms are illegal so i don't know.

.- -... -.-. -..

Pellet Possies (from Pikmin). 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

whatever Yoshi chews for me.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.