By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will I be able to run Batman: Arkham Knight?

morenoingrato said:
Captain_Yuri said:
generic-user-1 said:

well depends on what gtx660 you compare. they ask for 2gb, so i think its a basic one

Well, according to "GPU Boss" (Dont personally like using this site but oh well), a gtx 660 is better than a 860M in virtually every way. And yes, that is the standard version

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-860M-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

I mean, he should be able to play it at low no problem but idk how well it would do when comparing to ps4's graphical settings. If he lowered his res and just let the game upscale to 1080p on his laptop, it might do the trick however in terms of playing on ps4's graphical settings...

Well, I was planning on playing in 900p, it is more than enough for me to be honest. 720p is prettt bad though.

As long as it is stable I don't have very high standards. I don't need it to be on PS4 level.

Yea at 900p, you should be plenty good. You might even be able to play at 1080p if you are lucky enough but it all depends on how good or bad the launch is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
generic-user-1 said:
what is wrong with you guys? he can run it easyly in quality above ps4 graphic.
they ask for 6 year old lower midrange PCs. and he has a relativly new gaming laptop...

Except he can't. Beat the PS4 I mean.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2143&gid2=676&compare=geforce-gtx-860m-2gb-vs-radeon-hd-7850

The PS4 GPU beats it by an inch and still has optimization / more memory thrown in the mix.

Actually the PS4 GPU is stronger than the 7850... its closer to the 7870, than it is to the 7850.

Then factor in codeing closer to metal with consols... and yeah the PS4 is alot stronger than a 860m graphics card.

JRPGfan said:

Actually the PS4 GPU is stronger than the 7850... its closer to the 7870, than it is to the 7850.

Then factor in codeing closer to metal with consols... and yeah the PS4 is alot stronger than a 860m graphics card.

It may be. Though I wonder how much of a bottleneck is the weak CPU Sony and Microsoft opted for, specially for the games targeting 60 fps. Eight Bulldozer? Vishera? cores at 1.6 GHz probably perform worse than the Phenom II I'm pairing my GTX 970 with...

haxxiy said:
JRPGfan said:

It may be. Though I wonder how much of a bottleneck is the weak CPU Sony and Microsoft opted for, specially for the games targeting 60 fps. Eight Bulldozer? Vishera? cores at 1.6 GHz probably perform worse than the Phenom II I'm pairing my GTX 970 with...

That is the fault of Direct X.

Mantle & Direct X 12.... can do so much more with the same hardware, than they could with say Direct X  9/10/11, and they are both probably astep or two behinde what you can do on the consols.

So that "weak" cpu the PS4 has, might be able to do more than someone with a 8 core Bulldozer @ 3.2ghz can on Windows 8.1, when it comes to gameing.

JRPGfan said:

That is the fault of Direct X.

Mantle & Direct X 12.... can do so much more with the same hardware, than they could with say Direct X  9/10/11, and they are both probably astep or two behinde what you can do on the consols.

So that "weak" cpu the PS4 has, might be able to do more than someone with a 8 core Bulldozer @ 3.2ghz can on Windows 8.1, when it comes to gameing.

DirectX 11 is the Internet Explorer of APIs. It may seem DirectX 12 and Mantle exposed the farce, but OpenGL was already soundly beating it way before. I'm still not sure how much the newer APIs will offset the weak CPUs since they'll take a toll on GPU harware that could be otherwise used for gaming, but hey, who knows. Personally I'll wait for AMD Zen to upgrade mine (I like AMD, but since I'm power constrained, their 28nm GPUs were a no-go for me).

Around the Network

No problemo. Just adjust the graphics settings to find a solid fps.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

You might have to put up with "console quality" settings. But it *should* run.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.