By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will I be able to run Batman: Arkham Knight?

Before I am shamed by the High Sparrow for owning a gaming laptop, the reason is because I belong to that ultra specific niche market that needs a powerful light machine to move everywhere, I don't have room for a desktop gaming rig at the moment and it is complicated, anyway:

Here are the specs (MSI GS60 Ghost):

• Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4 GHz (6 MB Cache)
  • 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, 128 GB Solid-State Drive
  • 15.6-Inch Screen, NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
  • Windows 8.1

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB
  • DirectX®: 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
  • Hard Drive Space: 45 GB
systemrequirementslab.com says I can't both because of my CPU and my GPU. However comparing my CPU with the minimum it is just fine: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4700HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i5-750
I have just enough VRAM but my video card is slightly inferior to the one for the min specs. Will I be able to run this keep by slightly pushing it? And if I did, would I get acceptable performance (by acceptable I mean playable at low settings without massive framerate drops).

Around the Network

You'll be able to run it, albeit not on quality settings.

i7-4700HQ > Intel Core i5-750
GeForce GTX 660 > GTX860M

(mhz arnt everything, your CPU has much grunt pr mhz than the i5-750 does)

Honestly Id be surprised if a 860m cant play the game well, theres alot of pc users that have that or less.

Developers dont shoot themselfs in the foot like that.

You should be good. It might chug a bit here and there but overall, u can certainly run it at the very least.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

what is wrong with you guys? he can run it easyly in quality above ps4 graphic.
they ask for 6 year old lower midrange PCs. and he has a relativly new gaming laptop...

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
they ask for 6 year old lower midrange PCs. and he has a relativly new gaming laptop...

It cause he has a GPU bottleneck... A GTX 660 is better in terms of performance than a 860M and while that i7 is nice, it won't help a zomfg amount in terms of gaming

This is assuming he wants to play at 1080p that is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
generic-user-1 said:

It cause he has a GPU bottleneck... A GTX 660 is better in terms of performance than a 860M and while that i7 is nice, it won't help a zomfg amount in terms of gaming

well depends on what gtx660 you compare. they ask for 2gb, so i think its a basic one

generic-user-1 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
generic-user-1 said:

well depends on what gtx660 you compare. they ask for 2gb, so i think its a basic one

Well, according to "GPU Boss" (Dont personally like using this site but oh well), a gtx 660 is better than a 860M in virtually every way. And yes, that is the standard version

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-860M-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

I mean, he should be able to play it at low no problem but idk how well it would do when comparing to ps4's graphical settings. If he lowered his res and just let the game upscale to 1080p on his laptop, it might do the trick however in terms of playing on ps4's graphical settings...

Captain_Yuri said:
generic-user-1 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
generic-user-1 said:

Well, according to "GPU Boss" (Dont personally like using this site but oh well), a gtx 660 is better than a 860M in virtually every way. And yes, that is the standard version

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-860M-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

I mean, he should be able to play it at low no problem but idk how well it would do when comparing to ps4's graphical settings. If he lowered his res and just let the game upscale to 1080p on his laptop, it might do the trick however in terms of playing on ps4's graphical settings...

Well, I was planning on playing in 900p, it is more than enough for me to be honest. 720p is pretty bad though.

As long as it is stable I don't have very high standards. I don't need it to be on PS4 level.

generic-user-1 said:

Except he can't. Beat the PS4 I mean.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2143&gid2=676&compare=geforce-gtx-860m-2gb-vs-radeon-hd-7850

The PS4 GPU beats it by an inch and still has optimization / more memory thrown in the mix.

OT - It will probably run decently enough, except if the game is very poorly optimized like Assassin's Creed Unity or Dying Light.