By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future of gaming.

Well have no fear a new console that offers more will be out  maybe in three to four years time. Say 2011 or 2012.

Oh yes there will be a new XBox , Nintendo console and a new Playstation.

As soon as one console hits the streets, companies are working on developing and planning there new console which can hopefully get them into number one position or maintain their number one position.

Well what are your views on this subject? What do you want in the next XBox, Nintendo, PS consoles?

Around the Network

I hope the next Nintendo console uses the motion control and is a HD gaming console and has a Blu-Ray player. Both new XBox and PS to have Blu-ray as standard, the ability to edit/create your own levels would be cool.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I hope the next Nintendo console uses the motion control and is a HD gaming console and has a Blu-Ray player. Both new XBox and PS to have Blu-ray as standard, the ability to edit/create your own levels would be cool.

You mean like the PS3?

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

-I know that the PS4 will continue to use the CELL processor, but it will have more cores and further improved from the current CELL.

-The next xbox will have it's current CPU but with even more cores but the cores will still be symetrical.

-Both the PS4 and the next xbox will most likley both have 1GB ram, with the next xbox unified ram and the PS3 split ram, and this is to maintain 100% backwards compatability.

- Both the PS4 and next xbox will have 1080p graphics as the base standard.

-all consoles come with standard hard drives.

-the wii 2 will have an overhauled graphics card which will allow for 720p graphics and and a scaler which should upscale to 1080p.

ultraslick said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

You mean like the PS3?

Yep I would like to see HD Nintendo gaming console with a Blu-ray player or latest player in it.

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
-I know that the PS4 will continue to use the CELL processor, but it will have more cores and further improved from the current CELL.

-The next xbox will have it's current CPU but with even more cores but the cores will still be symetrical.

-Both the PS4 and the next xbox will most likley both have 1GB ram, with the next xbox unified ram and the PS3 split ram, and this is to maintain 100% backwards compatability.

- Both the PS4 and next xbox will have 1080p graphics as the base standard.

-all consoles come with standard hard drives.

-the wii 2 will have an overhauled graphics card which will allow for 720p graphics and and a scaler which should upscale to 1080p.

All great ideas you have there and hopefully the new XBox will be more reliable and have less than 1% failure rate. PS3 hardware has significantly improved upon faulty hardware that was an issue in the previous two PS consoles.

Rock_on_2008 said:
ultraslick said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

You mean like the PS3?

Yep I would like to see HD Nintendo gaming console with a Blu-ray player or latest player in it.

no, I honestly don't think Nintendo will have a blu-ray playback capabilities, they will definetley have an optical drive derived from blu-ray that has all the capacity, this way they don't pay royalties, which is the exact same thing there doing now with their optical drive in the wii, it's essentially a DVD drive but with out none DVD playback capabilities and this is why there not paying any royalties with the drives they use.

if at all, Nintendo will either have hard drive, or if space is a limitiation, then it should at least have 10GB flash memory.

Harddrives in all consoles (minimum 200gig).

I predict a heavier Playstation, a louder xbox, and a Wii that plays DVDs.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Damn Nintendo always using their own technology and avoiding paying royalties. Brilliant business organisation you have to say- even if it annoys everyone else