By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future of gaming.

Xbox 720 - Blu-ray
PS4 - 8 layered Blu-ray (200 GB)
Nintendo 8 - Their own technology based on Blu-ray (similar to GC and Wii to DVD)

I think this will be the last generation to be based on optical disc. Flash Memory will be cheap and accesible by then. Also, online downloads will be an option.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

This generation, Nintendo has focused on vastly improving gameplay at the cost of graphics. Since it is now miles ahead of other consoles in terms of gameplay, I think it would be okay if the next generation of Nintendo consoles would put its effort into HD graphics and leave the gameplay for what it is.
HD Link for the win!

I drink your milkshake.

nintendo should keep the wiimote from wii one and just make a new console with better graphics and a greenray player ull see it will come

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

T013 said:
This generation, Nintendo has focused on changing the contro scheme at the cost of graphics. Since it is now slightly ahead of other consoles in terms of the control scheme, I think it would be okay if the next generation of Nintendo consoles would put its effort into HD graphics and leave the gameplay for what it is.
HD Link for the win!

Fixed.

What want from the new Nintendo is a harddrive. And ofcourse they should build on the vastly superior control scheme they have invented.

And they should stop kicking Europe in the balls

Around the Network

Its really hard to say whether or not there will even be another Xbox console. They spent billions and billions of dollars and are really in the worst position of the three consoles at this time. They've really done all which can be done to prop up the 360 yet its sales in Europe are lagging badly and the US/Canadian market can no longer save them.

360 did much better than xbox
360 is actually making money now
microsoft doesn't wanna give up the living room to Sony and the next gen devices will see greater living room penetration than this gen...it's at least 1 gen to early right now

so no, i don't see microsoft giving up...i def see them releasing a 720 around 2010, with motion controls and much better reliability

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp