By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata briefly talks about the NX

He already let it slip that whatever NX is, its releasing in 2017. The norm is, we dont hear jack officially about a new hardware until it is announced, and then released the next year.

Yet here he says they will announce details for NX in 2016.

Around the Network

I actually really like the idea of this being a tablet now... it just kinda makes sense doesnt it?

Docking station could have a blower that blows cool air into the "tablet" when its placed on it, and then it overclocks (from default values, which it uses "on the go" (passively cooled)) and bumps the resolution of games up slightly.

Its useable on the go with touch screen controls, and at home you can dock it, and use real controllers.

Pavolink said:
teigaga said:
Pavolink said:
Yep. Nintendo Fusion launching in 2016 with the new NintendOS (Miiverse integrated). Now the question is which one will come first, tablet, the handheld or the console?

Why would there be a tablet?

Same thing many questioned about the iPad years ago, including me. Let's Nintendo decide that.

Not rulling it out but just wondered why you included it.

Now I think of It, it could double as a cheap console/TV box if it has a HDMI dock+stand.

JRPGfan said:
teigaga said:

Because a tablet is somewhere between a smartphone and a consol... but able to do both.

It could happend.... maybe every tablet sold comes with a docking station that you can hook up your controllers too, so when your at home, you can play with a real controller, it ll have extra cooling/power from the docking station, maybe play at slightly higher resolution when docked.

And when your on the go, you ll use touch screen of the tablet.

Yeah, that just brushed my mind :)

May enable them to retackle the casual audience 

“a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept,”

"Since we are always thinking about how to create a new platform that will be accepted by as many people around the world as possible"

+

"Now I think of It, it could double as a cheap console/TV box if it has a HDMI dock+stand."

=

China is the goal.

Cheap consol/tv box, in 1, from a tablet gameing device.

This makes too much sense..... I can see the NX consol being a tablet.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Pavolink said:
Yep. Nintendo Fusion launching in 2016 with the new NintendOS (Miiverse integrated). Now the question is which one will come first, tablet, the handheld or the console?

Not necessarily a traditional tablet, more like a device with the size/form factor of the Wii U gamepad that can be taken anywhere.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

China: Tablet
Japan: Handheld
WW: all of them (handheld, tablet, console)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

zorg1000 said:
teigaga said:

Not necessarily a traditional tablet, more like a device with the size/form factor of the Wii U gamepad that can be taken anywhere.

I think screen will be muuuuch bigger than gamepad, big enough to act as the tv (but still be able to carry around) (like a normal tablet).

That way you dont have to buy your kids a extra tv, or poor families get a tv+consol in one, that they share (and use as a tv).

There are many positivies to this, esp if their thinking about china as a growth market.

(it would be the reverse of apple, makeing tablets that can also do mobile games. This would be a tablet mainly for gameing, but maybe also do light office work loads, enough for kids to use at school as well maybe?)

Makeing it a gamepad would be faceplant moment, unless it could hook up to a tv via wires.

I think the normal sized tablet is much more likely though.

Tablet!?

NX is platform with home and handheld console.

Hevi integration, same OS, similar architecture...they want home/handheld consoles to be something like iPad/iPhone, like Iwata said: "home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems."

Miyamotoo said:
Tablet!?

NX is platform with home and handheld console.

Hevi integration, same OS, similar architecture...they want home/handheld consoles to be something like iPad/iPhone, like Iwata said: "home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems."

This was my first though when I heard of Nintendo NX.

same cpu+gpu architecture across a new handheld & a consol, with same OS ect, same games just at differnt resolutions.

However I think a Tablet is just as likely.

It makes just as much sense and does the same, with just 1 device.

Plus theres more benfits to this, than makeing both a handheld and a consol, that can run the same games.