By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF VII for PS4??

Please be excited!!!

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Is SE planing something bigger than the pc version they showed us...we know that SE will have there own conference at E3, will see there what SE is planing with FF VII...??

Nope. It's Square Enix being Square Enix.

JRPGfan said:
Its going to be HD res textures right?
Its not "just" going to be like the old pc release of the game?

Maybe a tiny bit of work on the character models so they look better?
Extra gameplay of some sort?

Errr... kinda?

They re-released the PC version a couple of years ago with 1080 res backgrounds and better battle textures, but the characters models still look crap.

Ka-Pi ... did you know you can buy Final Fantasy 1-X2 ( 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 10-2) on vita?

As for FFVII... I'm honestly wondering if they decided to put some more effort into the game after the internet backlash.

Its going to be their big e3 announcement lawl :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Maybe they realized how stupid they looked when they announced the original FFVII for PS4 during the 25th anniversary so they went back to actually do a real remake to be announced this E3?

....who am I kidding, its Square Enix after all xD

JRPGfan said:
Its going to be HD res textures right?
Its not "just" going to be like the old pc release of the game?

Maybe a tiny bit of work on the character models so they look better?
Extra gameplay of some sort?

That doesnt matter at all, FF VIIs graphics are retardedly outdated, to HD remaster it is so stupid, itll still look realy bad by todays standards. VIIs graphics is the one that sufered more with the passing of time cause they went for realism but didnt had the tech for good graphics so as time passed it looks plain bad. Ill buy it probably cause I want FF VIIs trophys and love the game but Square could realy give us a proper remake ppl have been clamoring for one for years now.

Ka-pi96 said:
Spring? I thought it was announced for Summer 2015?

Even so, why does it take this long for a prt of a PSX game.

Maybe they should ask Koei how they can churn out a Dynast Warriors clone every two months because damn Square is slow.

kupomogli said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Spring? I thought it was announced for Summer 2015?

Even so, why does it take this long for a prt of a PSX game.

Maybe they should ask Koei how they can churn out a Dynast Warriors clone every two months because damn Square is slow.

In an agile environment it often takes 2+ months for a single change to make it to production.

First you have the BA's gathering and writing requirements, Then the developers coding it,
Next the QAs rejected it,
Then the developers fixing it 
Then QA sign off (sometimes they get it on the first pass.. and sometimes it takes 10)
Next User Acceptance Testing.
Finally deployment

The thing about agile is that isn't the entire build of the game.. thats certain stories... or small pieces of the software.