By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Leaked on Torrent Sites; CD Projekt RED is Asking Pirates for Their Support

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been leaked on torrent sites and CD Projekt is letting PC pirates know that the day-1 patch for the game will be available for all as a separate download. The patch will not be restricted to the game’s owners, as those who pirate the game will be able to update the game and have its latest version.

CD Projekt is kindly asking for their support, you can view the comment the developers left on a well-known torrent website below:

The review embargo for The Witcher 3 has been lifted and even though the team from CD Projekt RED was getting anxious, the reviews for the hugely anticipated game started rolling in.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unlocks worldwide at 1 AM CET on May 19 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

NeoGAF user ‘erawsd’ posted the full user manual of the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for PC.

Source: http://www.misstral.com/the-witcher-3-leaked-on-torrent-sites-cd-projekt-red-is-asking-pirates-for-their-support/

Around the Network

CD Project red are one of my favorite development studios and the fact that they react to piracy, not with threats and insults (some of which would have been well deserved) but hyping up extra content, great deals and an honest request shows part of why that is.

The other part being great games.

The Witcher 3 comes out on May 19th where I am and it will be a day one purchase from me.

Thank you CD Project Red.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

This is why you should wait at least a month before releasing on PC. Looks at Rockstar (Rockstar isnt only good at making games, they also make smart business decisions.)

Pirates will be pirates. They will download the game for free anyway.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

A good message that really does humanize this man and his effort.

Around the Network

"please help us make the game look like this again"
Should be directed at the modding community imo not at the pirate community xD

Joke aside  I like them anyways. One of the last "get value for your money devs"imo

CDPR cheated me. They annouced Season Pass, before the game release. F*ck them.

P.S the game costs 50$ not 32$...

This is why they should have just ditched that dumb release date. If the game is complete and available dont make stores witheld the stock. Then of course pirates will take advantage. If the game was out already this wouldnt be a big problem.

Otherwise they are beeing very nice, wich probably is the right reaction. But yeah... i hope people dont pirate the game. This game is an important statement to the gaming industry. It is vital that it suceeds, for our sake. Gamers will be the ones benefiting from it.

PEEPer0nni said:
CDPR cheated me. They annouced Season Pass, before the game release. F*ck them.

Oh, the humanity!

A shame, but this was going to happen regardless. Well, at least the response is cordial.