By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I found the Xbox version of Splatoon.( Color Wars)

Goodnightmoon said:

It doesn´t show s*t. It only shows that somebody though about a game where you throw ink to the walls, which is nothing surprising, but where is the squid form that makes you go 2x faster and climb walls while you are hidden in your own ink ? where are the platformer elements? and the color damage when you are in other player ink? Where are the original weapons like the roller or the paintbrush? Where is Towercontrol or Splatzones? Could this game turn its mechanics into a whole good platformer? Splatoon does it on its main camapaign, and of course.... where is anything atractive in that game, because it looks like crap, while Splatoon is irresistible.

Are you telling me that this:

It´s a clon of this?

Lol

So you're trying to suggest that the core idea of both games is not exactly the same?

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
jlmurph2 said:

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. You can call this unreleased indie gameplay a piece of crap all you want. But it does show that Splatoon isn't that original. 

It doesn´t show s*t. It only shows that somebody though about a game where you throw ink to the walls, which is nothing surprising, but where is the squid form that makes you go 2x faster and climb walls while you are hidden in your own ink ? where are the platformer elements? and the color damage when you are in other player ink? Where are the original weapons like the roller or the paintbrush? Where is Towercontrol or Splatzones? Could this game turn its mechanics into a whole good platformer? Splatoon does it on its main camapaign, and of course.... where is anything atractive in that game, because it looks like crap, while Splatoon is irresistible.

It´s a clon of this?

Lol

All of those things you mentioned seem like additions to the base of the game. Which is a 3rd person shooter where the goal is to get your paint on places. Who knows, if this indie was able to be finished maybe there would have been the revolutionary fast moving squid mechanic.

AEGRO said:
think-man said:

Yeah he's quite upset :-/ its clearly not original

For a game that is clearly aimed at children (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oynGf9-T1UA) im noticing that it is raising some emotions around here when someone talks something not positive about the game, i dont understand why? 

People are mad their kids wont enjoy it?

DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It´s a clon of this?

Lol

So you're trying to suggest that the core idea of both games is not exactly the same?

Thank you

gatito said:
think-man said:

Im serious, its more then the paint. The idea is identical, saying otherwise is totally dilutional. I'm sorry, i know you like the game but it's a straight rip off.

Some people are just thirsty to piss all over Nintendo everytime. I remember when Splatoon was revealed and some of you downplayed this game so much and now that it's clear that Nintendo will bank another successful IP that will last for decades you bring up some shovelware game that looks like crap and was never even released and claim Nintendo ripped them off. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't freaking annoying.

Why don't you start funding some kickstarter to bring that game back to life so it can become Microsoft's Splatoon killer? C'mon guys, let's make it right for once.

Its almost as bad as someone calling themselves a "Nintendo Stan"

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It´s a clon of this?

Lol

So can you tell us the specific details of Color Wars' gameplay so we can get an idea of what you're saying Splatoon is an exact copy of?

Unless you're just assuming things from a 56 seconds video which shows nothing but a bunch of hookers and crackheads throwing paint everywhere.

DerNebel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It´s a clon of this?

Lol

The core idea of Mario, Rayman, Super Meat boy, Psychonauts, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Yoshi, Doneky, Banjo Kazooie, etc etc etc
are exactly the same... JUMP

The core mechanics of Call of duty, Battlefield, Doom, Wolfenstein, Killzone, Halo, Duke Nukem, etc etc etc are exactly the same... SHOOT (at enemies)

Those are all unoriginal and copypasted games?? Because they share one core mechanic?

Splatoon and that shovelware game share one mechanic.... PAINT

So of course is a clone...

I can´t believe how ridiculous this threads can be, jesus.

think-man said:
AEGRO said:

For a game that is clearly aimed at children (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oynGf9-T1UA) im noticing that it is raising some emotions around here when someone talks something not positive about the game, i dont understand why? 

People are mad their kids wont enjoy it?

Maybe YOU are pissed you can't enjoy it without being regarded as childish and being forced to buy a kiddie console to play one of the most anticipated games of 2015. I'm so sorry you're missing out.

gatito said:
think-man said:

Im serious, its more then the paint. The idea is identical, saying otherwise is totally dilutional. I'm sorry, i know you like the game but it's a straight rip off.

Some people are just thirsty to piss all over Nintendo everytime. I remember when Splatoon was revealed and some of you downplayed this game so much and now that it's clear that Nintendo will bank another successful IP that will last for decades you bring up some shovelware game that looks like crap and was never even released and claim Nintendo ripped them off. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't freaking annoying.

Why don't you start funding some kickstarter to bring that game back to life so it can become Microsoft's Splatoon killer? C'mon guys, let's make it right for once.

All the users getting worked up have splatoon sigs or avatars so naturally they're going to defend it. Im spreading some truth, no downplay involved. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.