By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Chubear said:
Rath said:
Because its stupid. no console lasts that long. The ten year plan is a farce as even if Sony supports the PS3 for ten years it doesn't mean it will sell for ten years.

*Sigh* the PS1 did and the PS2 is poised to do the same even easier than the PS1 did. PS1 in production from 1995 to 2005. PS2 from 2000 to *2010 (we're in 2008 and the console still has games coming out for it. You really think it can't keep going for atleast another 2years?)

I suppose I should have stated it a bit better. No console sells at their peak for ten years. The PS2 is no longer selling ~15M and the PS3 will not be selling ~8M ten years into its life.

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
actually
PS2/(2/3) = PS3

Erm... you realise that dividing by (2/3) is the same at multiplying by 1.5 right?.... so depending on whether you were talking sales or worth you are saying: PS3 will sell 180 million, or, PS3 is half a PS2 duct-taped to a whole PS2.

it wont make it to ps2 sales but wii will but surely ps3 will in the future greatly outsell 360

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

PS3 something between 40-50 millions... no more... why?? I don't see it easily selling more than 15 millions for year... (In the best year with the best line up)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I really dont care about huge numbers or who will win the war and stuff like that. Ofcourse a good solid userbase is important, if PS3 is at around 40-50mil in 2 years time then it could easily reach 90-100mil by the end (we dont know when this end will come though).

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network

It does not matter which console sold the most units in a generation. What determines whether a console is a success or not is if a company makes profit from it. In a Sony financial report released a while back it stated that Sony is now out of the red with the PS3. Since they are out of the red now and since the games are only getting bigger and better things can only get better for the PS3 hence the PS3 is not a failure.

Guess that makes XBOX 1 a failure. No matter if more than 30 million people bought it and if great games came out for it. If a console does not generate profit it is a failure.

I would say 80m is probable, considering it's first year of around 9m sales was "so awful," it should sell more each year, and I would expect at least 13-14m sales this year, with greater numbers following the 2 years after, although they may reach about 18m with huge games and a large price cut, though I think that 16m is more reasonable. that would give it roughly 55m sales after 4 years, with another good 5th year, and then a slight worse 6th as the PS4 is readied, the sales will start to tail away leaving it around 80-90m. Of course, this is assuming all goes well

Auron said:
PS3 won't have PS2 numbers, maybe 50-60% of what the PS2 will end up doing.

HAHAHAHA I should quote that!!!

I'd say, no...I'd guarentee at LEAST 80% of PS2 sales.

I'm back...

London_Calling said:
Auron said:
PS3 won't have PS2 numbers, maybe 50-60% of what the PS2 will end up doing.

HAHAHAHA I should quote that!!!

I'd say, no...I'd guarentee at LEAST 80% of PS2 sales.

Now, or lifetime, cause the PS2 will sell another 15-25m

@Rath

I think you need to tone down the fanboyism a little, its over-shaddowing the thread! lol