By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Music in Xenoblade Chronicles X SUCKS! (at least some times)

Tagged games:

DanneSandin said:
katakpisang said:

at least better than ff xv battle theme you cannot get more generic than yoko violin music

But the music in Xenoblade Chronicles was sooo good! What happened here? =(

Sawano happened.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

what did reviewers say about the music?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

curl-6 said:

Seems wildly uneven so far; as much as some tracks suck, there's also epic ones like these:

Heck, I even quite like this one, vocals and all:

Yeah, I liked them as well. The last one started off so good, then the girl started to sing, and I thought "this is NICE! This is how they should use vocals in game music, this...." and then that dude started rapping and I went "AW FOR FUCK SAKE NOOO!"

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Tamron said:
This all stemmed from you asking why Tachi was playing her own music over XCX on her stream, didn't it?

Yes indeed. Sadly, I almost prefered her music over the game music... such a shame!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

curl-6 said:

Seems wildly uneven so far; as much as some tracks suck, there's also epic ones like these:

Heck, I even quite like this one, vocals and all:

Those were actually really good. I guess it's not fair to say the overall OST sucks. Just parts of it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

The fifth track is good, but the others one suck.

Too bad this game isn't on PS4, we could play the game with music of our own selection if it was.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

curl-6 said:
Tamron said:
This all stemmed from you asking why Tachi was playing her own music over XCX on her stream, didn't it?

Where is her stream? Been meaning to check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/tachikomascej

Those songs sound more Anime than Videogame soundtrack to me. I think they´re just ok, not bad at all but not impressive either.

Anyway, music taste is very personal. and this is just a small portion of the soundtrack. I´m really looking foward to this game to check myself how its sountrack sounds like

I like them, it feels like an anime soundtrack... And it gives personality to the game, it's rare to see an JRPG game with rap in it, instead of generic-epic-violin-piano songs all over it. But the soundtrack has a lot of variety, if you don't like these songs (and it's normal, not everyone has the same tastes) you will like other tracks,

X1 had a fantastic soundtrack. It was the closest thing to classic FF I've heard in a long time. I'm disappointed the crew from that game aren't back, but the new stuff sounds OK. I can understand why Square got Yoko to do FF15 though. Actually makes me more interested in that game.