By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

Ultrashroomz said:

Mike321 said:

They will most likely be available around afternoon, the important question is, are you going to face you dragon waifu against my umbra witch?

Aw hell yea, dragon waifu FTW!

Ok then, my umbra waifu is going to destroy your waifu

Around the Network
spemanig said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Kimishima provides more details on My Nintendo

During Nintendo’s financial results briefing today, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima delivered an update about My Nintendo.

The My Nintendo point program will begin in March in 39 countries.

There will be Platinum Points like the prior Club Nintendo and Gold Points for coupons. My Nintendo is starting with a points program, coupon, emails, and web downloads. It’ll expand to friends list, cloud data, and in-store.

Kimishima also reiterated that the first goal is to quickly have 100 million people registered with My Nintendo.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-provides-more-details-on-my-nintendo/

And guess what! The coupons are only for digital software! I wonder fucking why!?!?!?

Because it is simply 1000x easier giving those types of discounts through digital than making several deals with retailers and finding a way to present those discounts and making them legible to any retailer?It is the same situation with Club Nintendo when you got games from it.Its not a digital only future.You will still get points from gajmmes bought physically.Dont push your agendas here mister!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Working computer built in Super Mario Maker:

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/251329-user-creates-a-working-computer-inside-super-mario-maker

RolStoppable said:
Guys, the best Pikachu is the one with a bandana from Super Smash Bros.

Since I am talking about Pokémon anyway, I've now played two months of Picross. The first four weeks were slow, but then I learned about the daily practice exploit, so in the past four weeks I've covered 32 weeks, bringing the total to 36. Unlocked 25 regions, unlocked the alternate world, bought the mega paintbrush.

Also, I have to correct myself on something that I've previously said. This game wouldn't be worth only $10 like I initially assumed, but rather $15. Back then I thought for some reason that there are around 200 Pokémon, but it's actually 300. Still have almost 100 to catch.

And yes, I know that I am the only one who is still playing this game.

No really, I'm still playing it but I'm awfully slow since I found a new job (fuck, I was happy when everything was so lazy and fun xDDD). I unlocked 10 regions and captured all the legendary Pokémon. It's nice to know there are 300 Pokémon, I expected way less. I wonder if they'll make an update and include new Pokémon. It would be cool if they manage to include all of them. 

Nautilus said:

Because it is simply 1000x easier giving those types of discounts through digital than making several deals with retailers and finding a way to present those discounts and making them legible to any retailer?It is the same situation with Club Nintendo when you got games from it.Its not a digital only future.You will still get points from gajmmes bought physically.Dont push your agendas here mister!

It's different from CN. With CN, you had the choice to spend you coins on something other than digital software. Now, because the currency is split, you don't. Buying games only gives you gold coins which can only be used to redeem coupons for digital purchases. If you where all physical, CN coins still had value. Now with gold coins, they don't. They're more aggressively weening people off physical now. Then with NX it won't matter because everything you buy will be digital, giving gold coins for digital game coupons, creating a cycle of discounts that becomes steam sale-like.

Just like I've been predicting. I'm not pushing a digital agenda. Nintendo is. I'm just paying attention.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

It's different from CN. With CN, you had the choice to spend you coins on something other than digital software. Now, because the currency is split, you don't. Buying games only gives you gold coins which can only be used to redeem coupons for digital purchases. If you where all physical, CN coins still had value. Now with gold coins, they don't. They're more aggressively weening people off physical now. Then with NX it won't matter because everything you buy will be digital, giving gold coins for digital game coupons, creating a cycle of discounts that becomes steam sale-like.

Just like I've been predicting. I'm not pushing a digital agenda. Nintendo is. I'm just paying attention.

I can agree that they are favoring digital, with the program and all.But physical wont go away, and the option(even if the currency will be split) of having a physical good as a reward is a proof of that.People still loves having the game, trully owing it.Plus that Nintendo is in a position that it cant do a move like that, not only because it would lose customers and piss off retailers,which is never good, but also that most people still prefer physical over digital and if the competition does better in that regard, those potential buyers will go to the competitor.There is also the fact that it will be a bad PR, no matter how you want to see it, since it is a anti customer act.(Giving less options to buy games, and also due to "not trully owning" argument)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Q3 Financial Briefing report in English for those who fancy a long read :) - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160203/index.html

Gamexplain has a 2 hour video of Detective Pikachu.While evrything is in Japanese, the game looks amazing and the gameplay looks really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubULS1Sgwak

Nautilus said:

I can agree that they are favoring digital, with the program and all.But physical wont go away, and the option(even if the currency will be split) of having a physical good as a reward is a proof of that.People still loves having the game, trully owing it.Plus that Nintendo is in a position that it cant do a move like that, not only because it would lose customers and piss off retailers,which is never good, but also that most people still prefer physical over digital and if the competition does better in that regard, those potential buyers will go to the competitor.There is also the fact that it will be a bad PR, no matter how you want to see it, since it is a anti customer act.(Giving less options to buy games, and also due to "not trully owning" argument)

The physical goods have literally nothing to do with physical media, though. You don't gain them by buying physical games, and you can't get physical games with them. They are just knick-knacks. That isn't proof of anything. Plushies still exist in a digital only future, dude.

Nintendo is in a position where they can and will make that exact move. They've been moving into that position for the last two years. They wouldn't lose as many consumers as they will gain, and retailers are literally a non-issue. If a product is hot, and a retailer isn't selling it, a costomer isn't just going to not buy it. They're going to buy it somewhere else. If something is selling, retailers will sell it. Apple proves that.

It will definitely not be bad PR. Again, the NX will be far from the first digital only gaming platform, and none of the prior suffered from bad PR. Only an insignificant and frankly irrelevant minority cares enough about physical media to actually outright boycott a product that is digital only. No significant amount of people are going to see NX, love all the games, love how powerful it is, love its third party support, love its OS, love its unified ecosystem, love My Nintendo and its discounts, love its exclusives, and then say "Oh wait. No physical? Damn. No sale." Everyone else will happily be buying their brand new NX while the boycotters sit grumpily at the side until the next Metroid, Pokemon, or peer pressure gets them to get over themselves and buy the NX platform with no real drawback.

spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

The physical goods have literally nothing to do with physical media, though. You don't gain them by buying physical games, and you can't get physical games with them. They are just knick-knacks. That isn't proof of anything. Plushies still exist in a digital only future, dude.

Nintendo is in a position where they can and will make that exact move. They've been moving into that position for the last two years. They wouldn't lose as many consumers as they will gain, and retailers are literally a non-issue. If a product is hot, and a retailer isn't selling it, a costomer isn't just going to not buy it. They're going to buy it somewhere else. If something is selling, retailers will sell it. Apple proves that.

It will definitely not be bad PR. Again, the NX will be far from the first digital only gaming platform, and none of the prior suffered from bad PR. Only an insignificant and frankly irrelevant minority cares enough about physical media to actually outright boycott a product that is digital only. No significant amount of people are going to see NX, love all the games, love how powerful it is, love its third party support, love its OS, love its unified ecosystem, love My Nintendo and its discounts, love its exclusives, and then say "Oh wait. No physical? Damn. No sale." Everyone else will happily be buying their brand new NX while the boycotters sit grumpily at the side until the next Metroid, Pokemon, or peer pressure gets them to get over themselves and buy the NX platform with no real drawback.

I personally dont think thats going to happen, and I dont mind if the games comes in a micro SD format or go back to cartriges, as long as it has a physical option.And to be quite honest, I would be one of those guys that wouldnt buy it if it was all digital, even if it had the best Mario game or Zelda game.Not in the first years at least.I would just stick with the PS4.But thats really a case that we need to wait and see whats NX is all about, and thank god its not going to take that long anymore.By E3 max NX should be revealed.Just saying that you are going to eat alot of crow when it is unveiled!!!!