By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
Runa216 said:
Platina said:
Runa216 said:
So, I have Xenoblade Chronicles X. I've wanted this game for AGES, and it's finally here, in my hands.

Problem is, I've never played the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't find it on Wii anywhere, and I don't have a New Nintendo 3DS, so I can't get that version.

Tell me, do I NEED to play part 1 to enjoy part 2? Is it sequential and directly correlated, or is it like Far Cry or Final Fantasy, where each installment can be enjoyed independant of one another.

In the mean time, I still have Fallout to play and my brother will be playing XCX, but when I get my WiiU back, I'd like to think I can dive into this stellar game.

I haven't played either as well, so I've asked a few people and they said that you do not need to play the original because they aren't sequels or anything. More like spiritual sequel or something along those lines

But isn't Shulk in it?  Same world, same characters? I really don't know for certain, but that was the impression I got. 

Again, I haven't played either, but from what I've heard and read, it's not a direct sequel

There are definitely references, nods and cameos from the past game, but it's fine to play it without playing the original

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
So, I have Xenoblade Chronicles X. I've wanted this game for AGES, and it's finally here, in my hands.

Problem is, I've never played the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't find it on Wii anywhere, and I don't have a New Nintendo 3DS, so I can't get that version.

Tell me, do I NEED to play part 1 to enjoy part 2? Is it sequential and directly correlated, or is it like Far Cry or Final Fantasy, where each installment can be enjoyed independant of one another.

In the mean time, I still have Fallout to play and my brother will be playing XCX, but when I get my WiiU back, I'd like to think I can dive into this stellar game.

Is like Final Fantasy, their stories are not related or connected to each other.

Runa216 said:

I've played the original Xenoblade, and plot wise, there are pretty much next to no connections between the two games, so you can certainly play XCX right away.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Platina said:

Welp, I was about to post the Xenoblade X music videos from Nintendo's channel but it got taken down...

Sony Music can even take those down from Official Sites too D:

Edit: These are the videos I am talking about (were removed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8IpQK12Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjsPHg0CcR4

FINALLY, NOW YOU KNOW MY PAIN!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nintendo news of 10/12/2015: Sometimes I forget about this thing.

• NPD: ... No comments from Nintendo yet. But we have one game in the Top 10 available on the Wii U... Just Dance...
  • On another hand, tho, amiibo has now sold 11 million units... in the US alone!
  • Reggie was interviewed by the TIME magazine about Miitomo, mobile games, My Nintendo, and more.
  • Nintendo patents a smaller, more attractive gamepad.
  • Bravely Second: End Layer launches on February 26th in Europe!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Nuvendil said:

And sorry about your Grandfather :(

Thanks mate.

JetSetter said:
Platina said:

Welp, I was about to post the Xenoblade X music videos from Nintendo's channel but it got taken down...

Sony Music can even take those down from Official Sites too D:

Edit: These are the videos I am talking about (were removed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8IpQK12Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjsPHg0CcR4

Whoa, so Sony Music took down videos from Nintendo's official Youtube page? 

That's some weird shit right  there. 

I'm waiting to see someone throw down with Sony Music over their take downs.  They do them all the time and I swear half the time it's not even stuff that's under their control.  If they are the ones that took these down and keep doing this to other companies, I might get my wish :P

True Life: I'm Physically Attracted to My Xenoblade Chronicles X Avatar

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-zink-mini-splatling-weapon-going-live-today-in-north-america-tomorrow-in-europe/

New weapon hype!!! (not really everything is irrelevant now that XCX is out)