By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

The Grand Finals to this Splatoon tournament I've been watching are about to start! The West vs. the East!

http://www.twitch.tv/endgametv1

EDIT: Nope nvm, postponed due to Nintendo's jank servers.

Around the Network

Didn't really feel like making my own thread, so I'll post this here.

I just finished Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker this afternoon. It's...really good. It's one of my favorite 3DS games currently, and probably my favorite SMT title. I've never played the original (this is a remake of a DS game), but this version apparently added an entirely new game into it, which took me another 30-40 hours after beating the original game, which took me around 60 hours to begin with.

The story was good, the gameplay was addicting, and I liked the characters a lot. Only downsides might be the difficulty, which can be brought down, the amount of text, and a few overpowered abilities. Usually I don't care for English voiceovers in Japanese media, but I didn't mind in this case. Other than 2 or 3 characters, everyone sounded pretty natural to me.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good tactical RPG, or any SMT fans that haven't tried it yet. It's a bit different than mainline SMT from what I can tell, using unique villains rather than YHWH or Lucifer, but still has a quite a deal of the mature content SMT is known for.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

No 3DS games to play.... Sob :c

ho

Super_Boom said:
Didn't really feel like making my own thread, so I'll post this here.

I just finished Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker this afternoon. It's...really good. It's one of my favorite 3DS games currently, and probably my favorite SMT title. I've never played the original (this is a remake of a DS game), but this version apparently added an entirely new game into it, which took me another 30-40 hours after beating the original game, which took me around 60 hours to begin with.

The story was good, the gameplay was addicting, and I liked the characters a lot. Only downsides might be the difficulty, which can be brought down, the amount of text, and a few overpowered abilities. Usually I don't care for English voiceovers in Japanese media, but I didn't mind in this case. Other than 2 or 3 characters, everyone sounded pretty natural to me.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good tactical RPG, or any SMT fans that haven't tried it yet. It's a bit different than mainline SMT from what I can tell, using unique villains rather than YHWH or Lucifer, but still has a quite a deal of the mature content SMT is known for.

Oh, someone else who likes Record Breaker! I've put in roughly 150 hours in the game already, done with Alcor's route and doing Daichi's now.

I liked the VAs in Record Breaker. Not too forced, they were just right. That said, the music didn't feel as memorable as what was in Overclocked, but still shone like the stars you have to fight. Speaking of which, while the stars were cool to fight against, they made the game quite a bit less dark.

I also made a Purple Mirror in-game that reflects every attack except Almighty ones. What a fun little demon, I wish I could StreetPass with you.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I would consider playing record breaker, but I already played the original. I'm not very fond of double dipping.... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

SPOILER:

It's a Villager restock and Mega Yarn Yoshi.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

SPOILER:

It's a Villager restock and Mega Yarn Yoshi.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ There goes my enthusiasm...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ultrashroomz said:

After going back and forth with it, and nearly 70 hours of in-game time, I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles, so I thought I would just get out my thoughts on this game.

Story wise, it's amazing. The story seems to start off like a regular revenge story, but overtime, there are so many twists and turns, and the story just evolves, turning into something I didn't expect.

Gameplay was pretty neat, I thought the combat system was pretty neat overall, using different arts at the right time in order to defeat your enemies, and knowing which characters and arts can help you lead towards your success.

The game is filled to the brim with side-stuff, and while it takes up nearly half of the game, if not more, it was quite a lot to handle for me personally, and there really was a lot to do in the world of Xenoblade.

The characters are all amazing, likeable, and relatable at times. Every character is useful in their own ways, and being able to build relationships between these characters is what allows them to get stronger in battle, again, helping you lead towards your success.

I'm kinda just rambling right now, so I'll just say that Xenoblade is an amazing game. If you haven't played it yet, then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

Now I'm hyped as ever for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

that is great. it is just hard for me to play it again with the new stuff they have for the new game+.  :)

very addicting game, and it is really hard to 100% it.