By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

So Switch is amazing.... Zelda is amazing...
last Ammibo arrived.

So now I have Wii U / Switch / Switch limited game - all amiibo - guide.

I am so happy!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Platina said:
Also, I would like thoughts from people who played both Bravely games

I've completed the original and have mixed feelings over it (mainly the story) so I'm wondering if Bravely Second is worth it, as it's on an okay sale..

I feel that the first one is better than the second.In one hand the second dosent have the horrible third act as Nuvendil said, and the narrative and the pacing is good in my opinion, but in the other hand it lacks ambition.

The first Bravely is really good because it tries something new and its fresh in its own way.But the second game feels "cheap".Half the game is reused assets from the first and the story isnt as good as the first one, though as I said the pacing is good and the combat is improved upon(even if just a little)

I would say to pick Bravelz Second only if you liked the first game very much.Otherwise your money is best spend on the Switch.

Bravely Default was an interesting experience, not because I really liked the game, but because I had many different 'phases' throughout playing the game

I didn't really know too much when I first got the game other than SE + classic RPG so that was fun. Unlocking and doing all the side missions was great but I wasn't playing this game too frequently and had other 3ds games to play as well

Then I hit the first loop and it really went downhill from there. I dropped the game after the 2nd time and eventually picked it back up to just complete the game for the sake of completion. But I dropped the game again and it felt really padded, along with Basil spoiling the ending :/

I eventually tried to pick it up one more time after another long break and was planning just to speed through and ignore all the extra bosses and set the difficulty to easy. But as I was playing, I actually did most of the extras and tried to get all the vampire skills that were stil available and completed the extra ending as well. The real final boss was a chore, but I still enjoyed playing it. That said, I'm not going to play Default ever again. Sorry for the long rant, but is why I'm not sure about Second, but I still sort of want to play it, since it was the core gameplay that I enjoyed. Sort of those games where it's hard to get engaged in the game, but once you do, it's good fun :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Peh said:

fedfed said:
So Switch is amazing.... Zelda is amazing...
last Ammibo arrived.

So now I have Wii U / Switch / Switch limited game - all amiibo - guide.

I am so happy!

Congrats on collecting all those amiibos :p

Are pretty expensive but do look amazing!

| |

Platina said:
Nautilus said:

I feel that the first one is better than the second.In one hand the second dosent have the horrible third act as Nuvendil said, and the narrative and the pacing is good in my opinion, but in the other hand it lacks ambition.

The first Bravely is really good because it tries something new and its fresh in its own way.But the second game feels "cheap".Half the game is reused assets from the first and the story isnt as good as the first one, though as I said the pacing is good and the combat is improved upon(even if just a little)

I would say to pick Bravelz Second only if you liked the first game very much.Otherwise your money is best spend on the Switch.

Bravely Default was an interesting experience, not because I really liked the game, but because I had many different 'phases' throughout playing the game

I didn't really know too much when I first got the game other than SE + classic RPG so that was fun. Unlocking and doing all the side missions was great but I wasn't playing this game too frequently and had other 3ds games to play as well

Then I hit the first loop and it really went downhill from there. I dropped the game after the 2nd time and eventually picked it back up to just complete the game for the sake of completion. But I dropped the game again and it felt really padded, along with Basil spoiling the ending :/

I eventually tried to pick it up one more time after another long break and was planning just to speed through and ignore all the extra bosses and set the difficulty to easy. But as I was playing, I actually did most of the extras and tried to get all the vampire skills that were stil available and completed the extra ending as well. The real final boss was a chore, but I still enjoyed playing it. That said, I'm not going to play Default ever again. Sorry for the long rant, but is why I'm not sure about Second, but I still sort of want to play it, since it was the core gameplay that I enjoyed. Sort of those games where it's hard to get engaged in the game, but once you do, it's good fun :p

Then if you like the core game and your main concern is the third act, then go for it when you find the game at a good price.In that aspect, the second delivers it, and it has some good twists.But if you have higher priorities, then go for them.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I tried Snipperclips finally. I recommand it to everyone, it's a very fun and challenging game and it seems there's quite a number of puzzles. Definitely a good eShop title.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Platina said:

Then if you like the core game and your main concern is the third act, then go for it when you find the game at a good price.In that aspect, the second delivers it, and it has some good twists.But if you have higher priorities, then go for them.

$10 off from $50 isn't bad but isn't great, just that this game rarely goes on sale :/

I guess I'll eventually try out the demo to decide and skip this sale for now. Thanks :p

| |

Platina said:
Nautilus said:

$10 off from $50 isn't bad but isn't great, just that this game rarely goes on sale :/

I guess I'll eventually try out the demo to decide and skip this sale for now. Thanks :p

Always happy to be of use Platina!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

21 hours straight of Zelda minus food, toilet, shower etc. So like 18 hours of Zelda at least in the last 21 hours... Oh and that's off of 4 hours sleep the night before. I haven't been this addicted to a game since my 11 hours a day for a week straight with Pokemon Black.

What's crazy is while I have been doing some story stuff I still haven't touched the dungeons yet. So much exploring to be done. So much awesome shit hidden around the map. I even travelled to the top, bottom,, eastmost and westmost points on the map :P

Anyway time for sleep hopefully, I could really use it.

Now have a new item on my "never happen, but still desperately wan it" list.

Nymeria said:

Now have a new item on my "never happen, but still desperately wan it" list.

Oh man could you immagine a Studio Ghibli film based on the events that took place 10,000 years prior to Breath of the Wild?

Some early story spoilers ahead: 

Back when Calamity Ganon was first sealed using the powers of the Sheika tech?  Oh man that would be awesome.