By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
haqqaton said:

Hey guys, I need a little advice here...

I have Switch and Zelda preordered on Best Buy (USA) since day one. I've seen people canceling their preorder on Best Buy after getting it on Amazon (USA). For some unknow reason it seems they preffer Amazon. Why is that? Is there any difference between those preorders? Best Buy didn't charge me yet so what could it be? Faster shipping?

Here's my situation... I live in Brazil. A friend of my brother will receive my Switch and keep it until my brother go on a trip to USA, which will happen in May, and be back in the beginning of July. I think it's best to buy it soon as I believe this little beast will be hard to find for some months after launch.

So... In my case, is there a good reason to try to get an Amazon preorder? Or should I just let the arrangements as they are.

Thanks

p.s: I've preordered the Grey Switch but now I think that I like the Neon one better though the Black Switch (devkit?) is incredibly beautiful too.

As far as I know, there are no preorder bonuses so it's most likely a matter of preference for the distributor.

I would stick with your current preorder, since if you cancel your current preorder and get the new one at Amazon, you may not actually get the Switch at launch. If you're not in a rush to get it, waiting without paying for shipping would be a good way to go

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So EB Games here in Australia are calling up customes that preordered the Switch to confirm that they will be picking it up within 2 days of launch. If they can't they may have to wait until the next shipment arrives which isn't until April. Sounds like preorders starting next week will also be for the April shipment.

Seriously is the Switch really going to be this understocked.

Anyone know when exact FE Heroes is coming out? Its already Feb 2 here in Australia. 

ktay95 said:
So EB Games here in Australia are calling up customes that preordered the Switch to confirm that they will be picking it up within 2 days of launch. If they can't they may have to wait until the next shipment arrives which isn't until April. Sounds like preorders starting next week will also be for the April shipment.

Do you happen to know if its the same for stores like JB hi fi, Big W and Target? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Anyone know when exact FE Heroes is coming out? Its already Feb 2 here in Australia. 

ktay95 said:

Do you happen to know if its the same for stores like JB hi fi, Big W and Target? 

Probably just EB Games, I mean its not all that different from their usual preorder policy.

As for Fire Emblem, it was already supposed to be out so...  -__-

ktay95 said:
Jranation said:

Probably just EB Games, I mean its not all that different from their usual preorder policy.

As for Fire Emblem, it was already supposed to be out so...  -__-

Got to wait for the rest of the world to catch up first! :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

Nintendo has said they are already ramping up manufacturing, but where those new units go will likely be a regional decision and won't be an even spread across the board.  Which sucks for those in smaller markets because that means the lion's share of these new units will go to the larger regional markets and where preorders are most active.

Also, it is possible that the effects of this increased production will take some time to trickle down so they could move some preorders up as the March supply grows.

Fire Emblem Heroes is out :D
I got 1 battle in in 30 minutes, thanks launch servers D:

So I don't like Time and definitely am not usually a fan of posting non-gaming sites reporting gaming news, but I think this is a pretty good article on the Super Bowl Ad that also has some good comments from a Nintendo marketing guy.

http://time.com/4653672/nintendo-switch-super-bowl-commercial/

It sounds like they are going to be aggressive. If they keep the quality and focus strong, it could be very good. Targeting will be important. And also how they frame things when targeting specific demographics. I like their approach right now, it is reminiscent of the Get N or Get Out campaign that spearheaded the N64's healthy years, where Nintendo owned their oddity and uniqueness and turned it on its head, making it a desirable cool aspect by taking a bit of an attitude with it. This is a less confrontational approach, but I think the musical approach (the beat and lyrics especially) contribute to that.

Also, this is the first time in goodness knows how long that Nintendo's North American marketing has outdown the European versions so yeah, I'm pleased thus far.

cycycychris said:

I pre-ordered originally from Best Buy but they charged me a $17 processing fee. I saw Walmart pre-orders open up and I pre-ordered from them. They had no processing fee and no tax. Went from like $325 to $300.

i don't know if amazon does with those charges

Hmm... Interesting. I'll check it in my case. Thanks.

You have saved enough for a year of Nintendo online service. =)

Platina said:

As far as I know, there are no preorder bonuses so it's most likely a matter of preference for the distributor.

I would stick with your current preorder, since if you cancel your current preorder and get the new one at Amazon, you may not actually get the Switch at launch. If you're not in a rush to get it, waiting without paying for shipping would be a good way to go

I see. I think I'm only going to change it if it's really a good deal then. Thanks.

Nuvendil said:

So I don't like Time and definitely am not usually a fan of posting non-gaming sites reporting gaming news, but I think this is a pretty good article on the Super Bowl Ad that also has some good comments from a Nintendo marketing guy.

http://time.com/4653672/nintendo-switch-super-bowl-commercial/

It sounds like they are going to be aggressive. If they keep the quality and focus strong, it could be very good. Targeting will be important. And also how they frame things when targeting specific demographics. I like their approach right now, it is reminiscent of the Get N or Get Out campaign that spearheaded the N64's healthy years, where Nintendo owned their oddity and uniqueness and turned it on its head, making it a desirable cool aspect by taking a bit of an attitude with it. This is a less confrontational approach, but I think the musical approach (the beat and lyrics especially) contribute to that.

Also, this is the first time in goodness knows how long that Nintendo's North American marketing has outdown the European versions so yeah, I'm pleased thus far.

I believe something has changed inside Nintendo after seeing what Splatoon marketing did for that game. I hope they can continue with this great momentum.

It's interesting how they didn't show people using the touchscreen on this ad again. I believe that they REALLY want to keep Switch apart from tablets to not confuse the average consumer and to gain value. It's a very simple and good strategy imho.