By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Ships 1.1M Units of Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
That's pretty bad considering all the consoles it's on.

The game still could be profitable dueto the lower budget

Around the Network

I'm sensing a unsurprising pattern on the snarky responses

As for the game, it was so meh that I don't even know how anything, including this news, makes me feel. First game in a long time that made me so indifferent, good cause that means it's not bad, bad cause that means it wasn't good enough.

I've just completed the first game on Wii U, and it's a fabulous return to form for the series. Such a shame the sequel wasnt ported :( Anyways, any game that beaches the million mark aint to be sniffed at.

I see the numbers as being bad, considering how many platforms the game is on.

Considering the huge install bases I wouldn't say it's looking that good.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Is Revelations 2 a game that has "episodes?"

If yes does this mean 1m people bought the full game? Because 1m people buying individual episodes is not really something to write home about.

Only full games (retail and season pass). Single episodes not counted.

The game should have been longer. Not a terrible effort but you could tell Capcom only made it for a quick buck. Imworried for RE7. Surely it can't be as bad as RE6? Can it??

Most Resident Evil spin-offs (which Revelations is) do not sell above a certain baseline. If we're going by VGChartz numbers, the first Revelations game barely sold above a million on both the 360 and the PS3 despite the larger userbase. 1.1 million shipped on a userbase that is smaller than that is actually pretty solid for the game, considering it was episodic. Resident Evil 7 will be the real test, though.

RedInker said:
The game should have been longer. Not a terrible effort but you could tell Capcom only made it for a quick buck.

Longer? Campaign lasts 7-15 hours aprox, depending on what you do and how much you explore, and on top of that you have several different modes that encourage replayability and the superb Raid Mode.

Making it longer would have made it overstay its welcome.

Did you purchase the game?
- No.