By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will this TV be ok for gaming?

I've read somewhere that some HDTVs don't run fast enough for gaming so they get lag. I don't really know anything about it so could someone who does please tell me if this one will be ok? Please don't suggest a more expensive model because even this is a push. I didn't want to buy a new TV for a few years yet but my CRT has started whistling loudly.

Vistron Sense 32" £339.99 ( $680 - Yep, we get ripped off in the UK.) http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134824#

Specs:

Television Picture Features

• 1080P High Definition Ready.
  • 32 inch High Quality Panel
  • Resolution 1366x768 pixels.
  • Receiving 1080P signal
  • Zero X radiation complies to green environment protection requirement
  • Soft picture and no harm to your eyes
  • Integrated digital and analogue
  • Brightness 500 cd/m2.
  • Contrast 800:1
  • 60Hz Vertical Frame Rate
  • Viewing angle 176/176 degrees.
  • Progressive scan.
  • Interleaved scan
  • Picture size among 16:9 ,4:3
Connectivity
  • HDMI socket.
  • SCART socket.
  • PC input socket.
  • S-Video socket
  • YPBPR socket.
  • PC audio socket.
  • 2 AV sockets.
  • 2 IN 1 Tuner( digital and analogue combined)
Sound Features
  • NICAM stereo sound.
  • Balance, Bass, Treble
  • DAUL1, DAUL2 ,MONO, STEREO
  • 2 x 6w RMS power output.
Digital picture Features
  • Digitally interactive.
  • Digital teletext
  • Digital index
  • Picture size between 16:9 and 4:3
  • Digital subcode
  • Auto setup.
  • Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available.
  • Manu scan for new channels
  • Auto scan for new channels.
  • Electronic programme guide (EPG).
  • Parental rating
Additional Features  
  • 3D noise reduction
  • UHF and VHF tuner.
  • Auto setup.
  • Auto search tuner.
  • Auto search sorting.
  • NO signal automatic power off
  • Sleep timer.
  • Child lock.
  • Channel swap
  • Manual and Fine tune
  • Freeze Picture
  • Blue black
  • Color temperature
  • OSD transparent
  • OSD language<English, fernch, deutesk, portugues, esponol itallani>
  • Recover a factory constitution
  • Stand by Power consumption: <3w
  • NTSC compatible.<AV>
  • Remote control requires 2 x 1.5V batteries.
  • 100V—240V AC mains operation.
  • Complete with tabletop stand.
  • PIP mode
  • Color system : PAL/SECAM/AUTO
  • Sound system: :I /BG/DK I/LL/L/AUTO
Dimensions
  • Size of TV (L)80cm, (W)10.5cm, (H)55cm without stand
  • Size of TV (L)80cm, (W)20cm, (H)60cm with stand
Weight
  • Weight of TV14kg without stand
  • Weight of TV16kg with stand

Around the Network

No, thats just unaceptable.

Sure, why not? I think 60Hz is the standard refreshing rate for any computer and TV screens.

Besides, if you ever find out that a game lags, I'm sure there will be ways to fix this in your TV's settings.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Hmm, it says it support 1080P but at the same time the resolution is 1366x768...

Also, the sound specs are terrible. And I need to know the response time (in ms, is it 8ms, 6ms, 4ms?).

what console are you going to play on this TV?

> Resolution 1366x768 pixels.

Yeah, it should be fine. if you never had a LCD before, you will drool over what the TV can do if you plug in PS360.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Games look best on HDTV's 40 inches or bigger.

SHMUPGurus said:
Sure, why not? I think 60Hz is the standard refreshing rate for any computer and TV screens.

Besides, if you ever find out that a game lags, I'm sure there will be ways to fix this in your TV's settings.
 That's cheap for the UK, especially as it's got built-in Freeview. It's the cheapest 32" that will accept 1080p signals.

Browse http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Sound-&-Vision/cat/Televisions if you want to see how much we have to pay. Most 32" screens are around $1000.

If that was in NA i would not buy that TV, very expensive for what you get, 800:1 true contrast is very bad, even for a budget TV.

Chrizum said:
Hmm, it says it support 1080P but at the same time the resolution is 1366x768...

Also, the sound specs are terrible. And I need to know the response time (in ms, is it 8ms, 6ms, 4ms?).

That means it will accept a 1080p signal even though it displays at 720p. A surprising amount of supposedly HDTVs are incapable of displaying a 1080p signal at all at any resolution and won't work with things like Blu Ray players!

@ Rock_on_2008 40" TVs are way way out of my price range.

@ kingofwale All the ones in my sig plus a PS3 if/when I get one.

@ Griffin If you can find me a better one at the same or lower price please do! I agree, if I lived in the US I wouldn't even be considering this but sadly I don't.

Chrizum said:

I'll email them and ask. What should the response time be for gaming?