By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

It'd be lucky if it did 1 million unbundled.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Nope, doubt it will even sell a million honestly. I'm expecting W101 numbers...

This is a claim that will come back to haunt you.

You are aware W101's sales are at 320k, right?

lol OP are you being serious?

The game has bomba written all over it

My prediction is 700k LTD WW

It could it very well received and bundles last a long while, but more realistically 1.5mill will be max.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Considering there's just under 10 million Wii U owners and that this is a new IP, I can't see it selling 3 million units in its lifetime.

I think anything from 750K - 1 million lifetime units sold will be a success. I think it'll fall between 350K - 750K lifetime units sold, which I think they'll be 'content' with.

But, I'm really hoping Splatoon kicks off and gets more owners behind the Wii U. It's a hella' fun title, and its one of those silky smooth experiences only Nintendo can offer.

Around the Network

i guess 2mio till end 2015.

Its a very nintendo and wii u typical game. Also there is a big lack of new games at the moment for the wii u (half year 2015 was horrible), so i guess many wii u owner are looking for something new to play.

Also keep in mind how bayonetta 2 or hyrule warriors sold on wii u. Both are very untypical games for wii u. Hyrule got still 1m and bayonetta 600K (?).

+ it is also cheap in europe (just 35€).

I would definitly expect much more then bayonetta or hyrule warriors in terms of sales.

Also checking amazons gaming charts, splatoon has a good spot (better as witcher 3 for xbox on in my country).

Moyu said:

700k LTD WW wouldn't exactly be a Bomba. It wouldn't be a huge success, but certainly not a bomba.

That said Explain how this has bomba written all over it!

Moyu said:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames#1

bombing hard on Japan.

Goodnightmoon said:
Moyu said:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames#1

bombing hard on Japan.

Japan = The World?

I clearly said Worldwide

Lets see how PAL and NA treat this game before we talk about it not being a bomba :)

I think it will surprise a lot of people. I don't think it could reach 3M but I'm hoping it could ship around 1.5M LT. But, when "Splatoon 2" launch (and I'm sure it will) it could be a potential system seller. Nintendo is trying to pull another Mario Kart, this time in the shooter territory, and I think they will suceed. Splatoon is the definition of "fun". I was so sad when the hour passed, I need more! :(