By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

Moyu said:
mZuzek said:
Moyu said:
Goodnightmoon said:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames#1

bombing hard on Japan.

Japan = The World?

I clearly said Worldwide

Lets see how PAL and NA treat this game before we talk about it not being a bomba :)

It's #3 on the US too. Might as well say Japan+US =/= The World, but honestly it's where most game sales (especially Nintendo's) come from.

Where are you getting your charting info from?

In the US the game is 13th on the hourly charts and 89th on the monthly charts for May 2015

3rd highest game, excluding the cards

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Moyu said:

A bigger market would be more useful to study trends don't you think? :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

UK is the worst Nintendo territory, it doesn't reflect Europe as a whole. But if you want a bigger market:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_0/ref=sv_vg_0

And it's in top 20 in Germany. 

You are missing the point, the game might be charting higher on lesser markets but that doesn't mean it will sell more in those markets than in those where Nintendo games are not favourable by the mainstream consumers and are still bigger (e.g the UK)

By your logic The Witcher 3 should sell 4 to 5 million the PS4 alone lol

Moyu said:
Volterra_90 said:

UK is the worst Nintendo territory, it doesn't reflect Europe as a whole. But if you want a bigger market:

You are missing the point, the game might be charting higher on lesser markets but that doesn't mean it will sell more in those markets than in those where Nintendo games are not favourable by the mainstream consumers and are still bigger (e.g the UK)

UK isn't a big market for Nintendo.

Moyu said:
Volterra_90 said:

Why not? I´m expecting really big numbers from that game.

tbone51 said:

Cards, controllers, subscriptions, etc...

Bloodborne and Type-0 by comparison were doing even better than that, even if you were including the cards and in fact Bloodborne managed to actually chart higher than the cards and it still hasn't reached 2/3 million yet.

You are seriously overstimating this game's potential, not to mention that Splatoon won't have any legs at all imo.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
teigaga said:
Nintendo fans seem conservative when it comes to new IPs so no. 2m is its lifetime max imo

The looks like it might have content problems so it may even struggle past 1m

Tomodachi Life sold a lot in the West (was a new IP for us).

Of course that doesn't mean Splatoon will, but it's something.

I think mii games have an unfair advantage and yeah its not impossible, Pikmin was a hit back on gamecube and that could have easily of underperformed.

Moyu said:

Bloodborne and Type-0 by comparison were doing even better than that, even if you were including the cards and in fact Bloodborne managed to actually chart higher than the cards and it still hasn't reached 2/3 million yet.

You are seriously overstimating this game's potential, not to mention that Splatoon won't have any legs at all imo.

A few weeks from release, they were not doing much better. And we have no idea about Bloodborne's sales outside of the 1m mark they announced shortly after launch.

You're pulling stuff out of your ass trying to justify your reasoning for wanting this game to fail, so I suggest you quit while you're behind.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

teigaga said:
I think mii games have an unfair advantage and yeah its not impossible, Pikmin was a hit back on gamecube and that could have easily of underperformed.

Both Pikmin (1.5m) and Animal Crossing (3m) were huge hits on the GameCube, and I believe the former is much more niche than Splatoon. Of course, that doesn't mean that it'll do better but history has shown that whenever Nintendo really pushes a new IP, they succeed.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Moyu said:
tbone51 said:

Splatoon is 3 Weeks away, bloodborne wasnt in the top 10 with 3 weeks left it started to enter about a week or so in.

That said im not seriously overestimating this game and you thinking it wont have any legs when nintendo games strive off of legs is a bit premature to say the least

Skullwaker said:
Moyu said:

A few weeks from release, they were not doing much better. And we have no idea about Bloodborne's sales outside of the 1m mark they announced shortly after launch.

You're pulling stuff out of your ass trying to justify your reasoning for wanting this game to fail, so I suggest you quit while you're behind.

I'm sorry you are not ready to face the harsh reality that this game will face in the upcoming weeks.

And nope, my reasoning is perfectly clear. It's a new IP, lacking features such as voice chat that games from the mid-2000s already had, not mention the potential low scores due to lack of content that many reviewers will probably give to this title, the game being already crippled by the poor Wii U user base, etc...

And again, nothing against this game, just a nice opinion piece with a lot of logic behind it.