By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Global Testfire - Your First Impressions?

What do you think of Splatoon so far?

Perfect! 66 39.76%

Great 67 40.36%

Decent 23 13.86%

Mediocre 5 3.01%

Terrible 5 3.01%

Total:166

Awesome! Got to play a full hours worth. I did not use the roller at all just because everyone else was and it was definitely overused.

LOVED the mini game between matches, that is something every game should offer during waiting/loading.

Controls took getting used to for me. I tried motion controls off, but actually preferred them on. Had to reduce camera to -3 for it to feel good to me.

Totally excited for this game and hopefully will be able to play tomorrow morning.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
I had a blast
then I kept getting recked by rollers
and was like
Im done for the night these rollers are bitches.

Haha, i know what you mean.

But i completely outplayed a roller, used a puddle go around him and killed before he could turn, so i feel better now.  =D

^ yep like everyone says, the rollers are op! While for me the sniper is the weakest. Its too hard to cover the map with it, and the aiming is really hard.

And YES! The game was AMAZING! It took me like around 3-4 matches to get used to the motion controls, but in the end it was really smooth. Cant wait to try all the new weapons once the game is out.

And see you guys in 9hours! + I think Purple is so far my fave colour here!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Just what I expect a pure fun game even my sister (17yo) liked it, really love it

wolflink said:

It was fun
but it needs another kind of controls
the gyro is good
but this could be some great great game with two sticks control option

And the roller needs to be adjusted very unbalanced matches

You can change the controls. I played using both analog stick and no gyro sensor.

Around the Network

This game reminds me how bad I am at shooters. Thank god for Rollers

Also, the Y button really helps when you need to do a quick turn and the motion controls aren't that bad. 

It was a lot of fun, really glad I was able to turn motion controls off. I did not try out the roller but the other guns were good. The matches took few time to start and the mini game you play while waiting was ok

t3mporary_126 said:
This game reminds me how bad I am at shooters. Thank god for Rollers

Hahah yeah!!! Tahnkyou Nintendo!! Now i cant wait for the other rollers + The paint brush!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

David_Hernandeez said:
Just what I expect a pure fun game even my sister (17yo) liked it, really love it

Yea my wife was watching TV and started watching me playing and guessing who won at the end. I had one match where it was less than 1% difference. Was crazy!

I can't say it was perfect because I had some minor issues with the camera... But other than that, the demo was great. In fact, it was MUCH better than what I was expecting.

The controls were good, the weapons interesting and the gameplay was pure motherfuckin' fun.

Before this demo I was like: "meh", but now I'm gonna buy this thing day one.

My Youtube channel in broken English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW_sx27Sp5K6jfyA0vR0ofg