By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gay rights...round 3

Mr.Playstation said:
Skullwaker said:
This thread is actually pointless. The title should read "I want to get into an argument about something that's not relevant to me"

Same sex marriage is relevant to everyone, otherwise for example why would Ireland be having a referendum where all people can vote on whether or not marriage equality should happen. Sure it may look like a good thing and is if kept under check but it does have it's own repercussions which may hurt the human species over a long period of time.

looool? if you wanna help the human race, ban religion and not samesex marriage...

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Skullwaker said:
This thread is actually pointless. The title should read "I want to get into an argument about something that's not relevant to me"

Same sex marriage is relevant to everyone, otherwise for example why would Ireland be having a referendum where all people can vote on whether or not marriage equality should happen. Sure it may look like a good thing and is if kept under check but it does have it's own repercussions which may hurt the human species over a long period of time.

And you were starting good and then the bolded?Although,at least you said it with cautiouness! Why my beloved frenemy?(with the good meaning)

I have heard that several times,and I find it out the touch of the real world...

reggin_bolas said:

You know I did some searching on the origins of marraige and could not find a single common denominator. Throughout history, cultures have attached different conditions and different meanings to the union. Well, except one thing that was universal, namely marriage has always been between a man and a woman. Marriage may have changed but who married did not. That should say something about marriage between a man and a woman as a self-evident truth. 

Through history, the meaning has changed. As such, the meaning of a union between a man and a woman is now changing to a union between a person and another person.

And we're done ^^.

generic-user-1 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Skullwaker said:

looool? if you wanna help the human race, ban religion and not samesex marriage...

If my years on games forums taught me anything it's that "religion" can and will form out of everything, banning it is useless, humans will just reinvent it again with a different name.

WolfpackN64 said:

Through history, the meaning has changed. As such, the meaning of a union between a man and a woman is now changing to a union between a person and another person.

And we're done ^^.

Now now, we can't possibly bring the idea that as humans we are able to evolve and change our opinions and beliefs.  There is no place for that in our species.

/s

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Skullwaker said:

Really like what? Marriage is ceremony with some legalities relating to the two invidividuals involved.

And Ireland having a referendum does not mean its relevant to everyone in a meaningful way, thats just a reflection of society and what society wants to see.

Tamron said:
Skullwaker said:

Repercussions? Such as?

Reduced birthrate? that's something we DESPERATELY need.

Yep we need it especially In first world countries where birth rate is already at an all time low. I don't think being gay even exists in third world countries.( In reality I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic. If you're being sarcastic I agree, if you're not then the sentence outside of the brackets is your answer.)

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Lafiel said:
generic-user-1 said:

If my years on games forums told me anything it's that "religion" can and will form out of everything, banning it is useless, humans will just reinvent it again with a different name.

i never saw a sony fanboy standing on the street with a sign that said: Playstation hates fags. 

teigaga said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Really like what? Marriage is ceremony with some legalities relating to the two invidividuals involved.

And Ireland having a referendum does not mean its relevant to everyone in a meaningful way, thats just a reflection of society and what society wants to see.

Yes it does mean it's relevant. At the end sequel marriage also wants same sex people raising children and being part of a family/normal society. Unfortunaley equel marriage has it's downfalls including:

1. Lower birth rate.

2. Children can never be properly cared after and given their real biological needs.

3. Starts to rub off on other people leading to point 1. There is a reason why there are more gay people ever since gay people started living more openly and no it's not because they have started saying the truth now because before thay would have been harassed.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

reggin_bolas said:

It does matter because in the case of Rome, there was a serious abuse of discretion by the emperor which didn't reflect the cultural consensus or the actual law. 

Has nothing to with individual capacity to bear children, it's conceptual. So, only those conceptually capable of conceiving have this privilege. When biology fundamentally changes our procreative systems then you call me and I'll recant. 

By the sounds of it you want to stay seated in a history where murder rates were sky high, standards of living were low, people were intolerent and insulting the rulers resulted in a public death penalty? If not then what is the relevance of past cultures? This is all really transparent. Heterosexuals are a majority, homosexuals are a minority. The Majority or those in power shapes the world in their image, outlawing or not catering to things they do not understand or are not use to; this includes faiths and behaviours outside of the norm of the time.