By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Impulse-Buy Game You've Ever Bought

Ever Impulse Buy Games?

Sometimes! 27 67.50%

Never, I always research beforehand 7 17.50%

Always, always 2 5.00%

I used to, been burned too much to try again 4 10.00%

Total:40

Sometimes you see a game and you just know you want to get it, but you don't know anything about it. You buy it and to your surprise, you end up loving it more than you thought. In my experience this has happened a few times, however some impulse buys I end up regretting... others, turn out to be amazing. 

My best impulse-buy was definitely Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. I saw it at a Game Stop for $8 2 years ago and it's now my favorite game. A runner up would be Final Fantasy X (not the most popular FF, but still) which ended up being my 2nd fave game XD 

So what's been your best impulse-buy game? If you don't have one, what's your worst?

Around the Network

Super Metroid.

Don't have a best one, so my worst is Shin Megami Tensei IV with the special promo. Not surprisingly, this is the game that I also regret buying :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Shin Megami Tensei IV with the special promo. Not surprisingly, this is the game that I also regret buying :/

What was the special promo anyway?

Persona 4 Golden

Around the Network

Fire Emblem for Game Boy Advance. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

StarOcean said:
Platina said:
Shin Megami Tensei IV with the special promo. Not surprisingly, this is the game that I also regret buying :/

Well the game itself had a MSRP of $50. So the promo was if you bought both SMT IV and Fire Emblem Awakening (which I had), you will get $30 eShop credit.

So I was like, 'SMT IV for $20! That's cheap, and the game probably won't drop down to that price even when on sale...' but in fact, the game did go on sale for $20 and I didn't like the game very much... :/

| |

or

Both were games I took a gamble on, and I was no where near disappointed ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Platina said:
StarOcean said:

Well the game itself had a MSRP of $50. So the promo was if you bought both SMT IV and Fire Emblem Awakening (which I had), you will get $30 eShop credit.

So I was like, 'SMT IV for $20! That's cheap, and the game probably won't drop down to that price even when on sale...' but in fact, the game did go on sale for $20 and I didn't like the game very much... :/

Ah, yeah I see. I like SMT IV, but the game definitely isn't for everyone o~o

StarOcean said:
Platina said:

Ah, yeah I see. I like SMT IV, but the game definitely isn't for everyone o~o

Which I find strange, because I tend to like JRPGs... but somehow SMT doesn't really interest me that much

| |