By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

oniyide said:
mysteryman said:
oniyide said:

people arent spending hundreds of dollars to NOT play games. I dotn know why i even have to explain that, look at the software sales for the current gen, its not too shabby at least as far as PS4 and xone goes. Hell even the remasters are selling

Do you really believe that? A fool and his money are soon parted.

Anecdotal, but two of my housemates (one a massive PS fan, the other just a fan of gaming) bought PS4's at launch. Months later, they were rarely used (we all played my WiiU) and one even said "why did I buy this?". He has snce bought Far Cry 4 and GTA V to justify the purchase, whereas he would have bought Far Cry 4 on PC had he no PS4, and he bought GTA V for PC as well anyway.

My aunt got a Wii and got Wii Fit and literally nothing else. See we could do this all day. Problem with that is its anecdotal so does really provide much if any evidence, what does is numbers and software numbers heavily favor PS4, to a lesser extent ONE and not so much Wii U

I believe everyone could go on all day about themselves or others they know making uninformed gaming purchases.

When those numbers are mostly attributed to multiplats, with few exclusives to really divide the userbase between XBone and PS4 so greatly, hype and brand name play a large role.

Around the Network
padib said:
oniyide said:

Not at all, I still stand by my initial point. Ninty alone isnt enough to sell a home console to respectable levels, WIi U is proving that.

Rather WiiU shows that Nintendo failed at what they do best: making games.

they've been making games still are, every major franchise they have has gotten an installment or will have one coming soon.

mysteryman said:
oniyide said:
mysteryman said:
oniyide said:

people arent spending hundreds of dollars to NOT play games. I dotn know why i even have to explain that, look at the software sales for the current gen, its not too shabby at least as far as PS4 and xone goes. Hell even the remasters are selling

Do you really believe that? A fool and his money are soon parted.

Anecdotal, but two of my housemates (one a massive PS fan, the other just a fan of gaming) bought PS4's at launch. Months later, they were rarely used (we all played my WiiU) and one even said "why did I buy this?". He has snce bought Far Cry 4 and GTA V to justify the purchase, whereas he would have bought Far Cry 4 on PC had he no PS4, and he bought GTA V for PC as well anyway.

My aunt got a Wii and got Wii Fit and literally nothing else. See we could do this all day. Problem with that is its anecdotal so does really provide much if any evidence, what does is numbers and software numbers heavily favor PS4, to a lesser extent ONE and not so much Wii U

I believe everyone could go on all day about themselves or others they know making uninformed gaming purchases.

When those numbers are mostly attributed to multiplats, with few exclusives to really divide the userbase between XBone and PS4 so greatly, hype and brand name play a large role.

I wonder if the same will be true when Halo and Uncharted fly off the shelves then ;) So then what's stopping Ninty from getting their brand up to PS or even Xbox levels? The onus has to be on them at that point. Its not like those multiplats that did come to WIi U did well on that system quite the opposite, cant even blame userbase in that case as WIi U was out for a whole year.

DerNebel said:
KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

I can't believe that people still believe that.

Why not?

Cause it's clear as day that the games, or much more the lack of games, are a major reason for the Wii Us performance.

I have to agree with him here. if Wii U had a steady stream of games its baseline would be much higher. Look at what happened in Japan when fatal frame and Bayo released back to back. It grew and grew. If nintedo could release every 1-2 weeks the Wii U would be around ps4 numbers right now or possibly the market leader. (still selling less than the rest but being able to keep them at bay much longer than it did)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I'm shocked this thread has this many replies. What else is there to say except for "Duh."?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Samus Aran said:

Wii U has a higher software attach ratio than the PS4 and xbone.

which means what exactly? is that really a good thing? Its not really helping the console do well which is what this is about isnt it? and a few games selling really well versus all others doing poorly is not really great, much better to have games do good all around as it creates a healthty library and encourages companies to develop for the system but thats just me.

That the average Wii U owner buys more games than the average PS4 owner despite having less games on the market.

i.e it contradicts your statement. I never said it was helping the console.

Skullwaker said:
I'm shocked this thread has this many replies. What else is there to say except for "Duh."?

I also would've added in "Blah, blah, blah."

Skullwaker said:

We can ask "why?" As in "why was Nintendo unprepared for HD development when the rest of the industry learned 5-7 years ago?"

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Skullwaker said:

there were some people still in denial and making up all kinds of BS reasons why it was the case

MajorMalfunction said:
We can ask "why?" As in "why was Nintendo unprepared for HD development when the rest of the industry learned 5-7 years ago?"

Is that a real question?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread