By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD Info! HBM-equipped Radeon this quarter! Zen CPU architecture in 2016

The cards are already being sold at some BestBuy locations

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

$369 is not bad at all for the 390.

Vasto said:
$369 is not bad at all for the 390.

IF it's just a rebadged R9 290 with an extra 4GB of VRAM, it is overpriced.

IF it's a redesigned chip ffeaturing the GCN1.2 improvements, and maybe a little more, then we'll have to see the performance to say that.

Btw, it looks like not every reviewer has 3xx series cards to review, like Ryan Shrout from PcPerspective and Linus from his site

I've read that PcPer is "a little bit" Nvidia biased, and Linus is... Linus. Maybe AMD has given priority to some sites over others, or maybe something is fishy with the whole 3xx series and AMD decided to only give them to sites that will give them good reviews.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I've always seen Linus as an Nvidia guy, I can't say he'd give AMD glowing praise or be completely fair which to AMD would be a waste of time and money in the end.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Strange, Ive always liked Linus. He gave the 7870 and 290x good reviews.

Around the Network

370$ at retail? There's simply no way they would sell anything on the same level as the 980Ti that cheap. Looks like my wait could have been in vain.
Still, I do want to see the benchmarks before I finally decide.

R9 390 GPU-Z shot

SubiyaCryolite said:
R9 390 GPU-Z shot

Yep, and a board comparison between a 290X and a 390X

All points to the 390/390X being straight up rebrands of Hawaii's 290/290X, with an extra 4GB and a higher price. Ridiculous.

Oh and it looks even worse for us poor europeans

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-300-series-eu-pricing-leaked-sapphire-msi-gigabyte-graphics-cards/

Utterly ridiculous, if true.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Damn, AMD, what the hell are you doing? They're just handing the market to Nvidia. HBM bragging won't tide them over unless they present cards that can actually compete.
Let's hope these are only rumors.
Oh, and thanks for the 35-40% increased premium in Europe, if true.

Mummelmann said:
Damn, AMD, what the hell are you doing? They're just handing the market to Nvidia. HBM bragging won't tide them over unless they present cards that can actually compete.
Let's hope these are only rumors.
Oh, and thanks for the 35-40% increased premium in Europe, if true.

Yeah, it looks like AMD is doing the same they did with the 2xx series, all rebrands except the 290 and 290X. Here everything seems to be rebrands except for the Fiji parts with HBM. The problem is that the last time the rebranded parts had a lower price.

But the price premium in Europe is not only something from AMD, with Nvidia it's the same with the $650 980Ti being priced at 750 € and the $1,000 TitanX being 1,100 €. It's the problem from having a "weak" Euro that can't offset the price hike that comes from our taxes (1 € = $1.12).