By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita is outselling Wii U - though Wii U is getting more love from it's developer

deskpro2k3 said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm not so sure people are seeing the light.......it's on track to be down YOY for the 3rd consecutive year if Vgchartz is to be believed.

2012-3.67 million

2013-3.20 million

2014-2.42 million

2015-2 million???

Does PS TV count?

That's included with these sales.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
sabvre42 said:

And in terms of support.... the Vita gets weekly releases, and 2 free games a month from your PS+ sub, and most importantly is 1,000,000x better than the gamepad for remote play.

That´s just a lie. Terrible fps drops and obvious input lag. The gamepad is almost flawless on remote play.

You played it since the later updates? it's a 60fps stream now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s just a lie. Terrible fps drops and obvious input lag. The gamepad is almost flawless on remote play.

I didnt play it since the later update, but for what i hear, is not  even close to stable 60fps

Samus Aran said:
97alexk said:

Yes they have way less sales then their predecessors but thats not what determine whats a failure. I know the media and the people who follow these game company and sales like to make things more dramatic then what they seem. Yes Wii U was a big risk from nintendo but its not a failure.

It is a failure, but that doesn't mean it's a bad console.

You should post like this more often :)

Dunno why sales are always equated to quality so much.

Goodnightmoon said:
MikeRox said:

I didnt play it since the later update, but for what i hear, is not  even close to stable 60fps

I think that's down to peoples home networks as much as the tech? I tried remote play upstairs and it was awful. Moved nearer the router and it cleared up to a stable frame rate. Wii U is direct from console to pad.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
sabvre42 said:

And in terms of support.... the Vita gets weekly releases, and 2 free games a month from your PS+ sub, and most importantly is 1,000,000x better than the gamepad for remote play.

Not true at launch, definitely not true after the recent updates.

They each have their advantages and disadvantages though, Gamepad wins on the controls front, Vita's advantage is the range. I can remoteplay from much further away with the vita. The gamepad is a better experience though I generally have very little reason to use it for remoteplay when I pratically have to be in the same room as the console to use it anyway.

I don't use either regularly.

deskpro2k3 said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm not so sure people are seeing the light.......it's on track to be down YOY for the 3rd consecutive year if Vgchartz is to be believed.

2012-3.67 million

2013-3.20 million

2014-2.42 million

2015-2 million???

Does PS TV count?

That's included in Vgchartz numbers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MikeRox said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I think that's down to peoples home networks as much as the tech? I tried remote play upstairs and it was awful. Moved nearer the router and it cleared up to a stable frame rate. Wii U is direct from console to pad.

The gamepad does a direct connect and has to be within 30 ft. The vita and PS4 also have a direct connect that needs to be within 30 ft.

But that said, you can ALSO connect to any wifi connection on the vita and play anywhere in your house... or even 80 miles away (which i've done).

If you directly connect your vita to the PS4... you get FLAWLESS gameplay with ZERO input lag... and ZERO frame drops.

yes Wii U is getting more support from Nintendo than Sony and the Vita- but Nintendo has def not given a true effort re the Wii U since early on in its life- It seems Nintendo hedged their commitment to the Wii U from the jump and never really made run at getting and keeping momentum-

Did Sony give a real effort for the Vita ever in its life span? I think it is poor that Nintendo never comitted to the wii U but i would be very mad had I bought a Vita then have Sony basically declare they would not support it anymore-
As hard as they worked to save and turn around the PS3 into a high value console it is surprising their take on the Vita- I guess they feel hand held market is not as important to defend as the home console market and/or that bad blood among Vita owners would not carry over to the Play Station home console brand

Wait until the holidays.

Not that a <10k difference each week is something to brag about. For either side.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread