By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

bananaking21 said:
Mummelmann said:
GOTY for me, without a doubt. Perhaps even GOTG if things turn out the way I hope they do. Previews and impressions are really promising.
Also; the PS4 version looks surprisingly good and the controls seem pretty good as well!

@bolded: you mean after titanfall surely? 

and yeah the PS4 version looks very very good. pretty close to what we seen with the PC version so far (that which will undoubtly be better than the PS4 at max setting)

It's great how PS4 version looks like compared to a high End PC.  I really can't wait for this one.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
bananaking21 said:

@bolded: you mean after titanfall surely? 

and yeah the PS4 version looks very very good. pretty close to what we seen with the PC version so far (that which will undoubtly be better than the PS4 at max setting)

It's great how PS4 version looks like compared to a high End PC.  I really can't wait for this one.

yeah, i am officially hyped. gonna buy it start of june though. 

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

game doesnt look as good for ps4 imo

PC is stronger? Shocking.

it doesnt look as good on any platform. Bloodborne looks a lot better on the ps4 for example 

Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

PC is stronger? Shocking.

it doesnt look as good on any platform. Bloodborne looks a lot better on the ps4 for example 

DIsagreed, this game at least uses the full range of the color palette. Bloodborne looks so monotone and boring to me. There seems to be no variation in the areas in that game, at least from what I've seen in reviews.

They nailed the foliage in this game, which is a lot harder to do than some grey gothic city.

I'll definitely be buying this once I get a PS4.

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

DIsagreed, this game at least uses the full range of the color palette. Bloodborne looks so monotone and boring to me. There seems to be no variation in the areas in that game, at least from what I've seen in reviews.

They nailed the foliage in this game, which is a lot harder to do than some grey gothic city.

The Witcher isnt using that much tesselation unlike Bloodborne, you have to play it for yourself 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

The Witcher isnt using that much tesselation unlike Bloodborne, you have to play it for yourself 

I don't like hard games, I have an anxiety disorder, so won't be buying this. :)

This is a day one for me. I can't wait to play this game.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
My PC isn't ready yet, and my backlog is still huge, but The Witcher 3 and Project CARS currently look like the best reasons for my next upgrade, and as soon as I finish Morrowind and Gothic 2, I'll move The Witcher 1 on top of my backlog, the other games can wait.

Neither is mine and I really dun goofed with my PC parts picker list with some parts not listed with the market means I have to redraw the specs which will involve a new CPU, Mobo and I haven't even thought about a 980 yet.

I'll probably end up grabbing this by June if not July, hopefully by then I'll have a new rig to handle the game on max, this is one of the few games this year I really want to experience as it should be.

meanwhile I should probably start off Witcher 2, I wasn't really fond of how 1 played out, that being dated and all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

bananaking21 said:
Aeolus451 said:
This game will devour my soul.....and life. 40 mins to travel to one side to the other on horseback. 30 different endings. The game looks awesome.

its insane how big this is. i just hope that the world is filled with random events, side quests, and things to do in the world, and that its not empty and barren most of the time. 

Same here but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of content. 

Chazore said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
My PC isn't ready yet, and my backlog is still huge, but The Witcher 3 and Project CARS currently look like the best reasons for my next upgrade, and as soon as I finish Morrowind and Gothic 2, I'll move The Witcher 1 on top of my backlog, the other games can wait.

Neither is mine and I really dun goofed with my PC parts picker list with some parts not listed with the market means I have to redraw the specs which will involve a new CPU, Mobo and I haven't even thought about a 980 yet.

I'll probably end up grabbing this by June if not July, hopefully by then I'll have a new rig to handle the game on max, this is one of the few games this year I really want to experience as it should be.

meanwhile I should probably start off Witcher 2, I wasn't really fond of how 1 played out, that being dated and all.

Oh, at least, small setbacks apart, you already have something concrete enough in mind and you're closer to be able to play TW3, in my case, having in mind a low-power consumption AMD solution, I'll better wait more even if I won't get its latest products, but at least to have DDR4 support and a low-power version that be powerful enough, anyway with the free time available and even reducing my backlog to the sole Witcher series plus the games I'm currently finishing, I wouldn't be able to play TW3 soon anyway.
As for racers, GPL on W7-64bit and my current HW is quite unstable (but I still have to try an utility to make it run on a single core), while GT-R's DRM is such an ill-behaved crap that it doesn't run at all and I had to use an utility to uninstall it cleanly, so to have something to drive, I'll probably redeem the code of my GT Legends DVD on Steam, to have a version easy to install and run on Win 7, and to have a more recent racing sim, but still runnable on my current PC, waiting for HW upgrade and Projet CARS, I'll probably also get rFactor or rFactor 2. I have Assetto Corsa too in my wishlist, but my current CPU is slightly under its minimum requirements and the rest barely meets them, so it will have to wait for upgraded HW too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!