By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BioShock 2 Announced

BioShock 2 Announced

2K Marin takes over for Irrational.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Thats good news indeed. The first Bioshock was pretty awesome. Hope this new developer doesn't screw things up.

Yes. BioShock FTW!

Yea seriously, will it be like Call of Duty 3 taking a crap all over the (what I thought was a) good game of Call of Duty 2?

loved the first one and any thing they can do to keep EA off their back is A-okay with me. xD

Around the Network

The game is actually a prequal to bioshock, and is being released for unspecified platforms according to the GT article.

mM
Onyxmeth said:

BioShock 2 Announced

2K Marin takes over for Irrational.

The part I highlighted in red was what I was thinking before I even clicked the thread.  I'm actually not entirely convinced this project has a full green light yet.  What I mean by that is that while I do think they will eventually make the game I don't think they've been given the go ahead to devote resources to fully realizing the game.  Once they get some cashflow from the GTA launch they will start their new projects but until then I have doubts that they are going to get deeply involved in a project like Bioshock 2 when they aren't confident they can see it through to the end.

I really hope they make it without being bought out by EA, I just don't think EA and TT have the same mindset when it comes to making games and I seriously doubt EA would be able to grasp the concept that their influence could seriously ruin a lot of good franchises.  I'm not saying everything EA does is bad, just that TT & EAs styles simply do not mix imo.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Q4 09'? That's a very long way off. Good news however for fans of the original title. New developers handling it might be cause for some concern though.

And will it remain 360/PC exclusive?

I thought that was already confirmed and that it was only coming to 360?

Dallinor said:
Q4 09'? That's a very long way off. Good news however for fans of the original title. New developers handling it might be cause for some concern though.

And will it remain 360/PC exclusive?
My prediction is a PS3 release also. It's a shame though because those that only have the PS3 won't be able to play the original, which will probably be the superior of the two.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.